Need help? Check out our Support site, then


Oulipo theme displaying incorrectly

  1. I've been using the Oulipo theme for a while and recently it has been displaying incorrectly. One of the posts (called "brainstorming") is showing up in the side bar, pushing all of the widgets to the bottom.

    When it originally posted, it was came out fine. But then when something was posted above it, I think, it got all rearranged. I couldn't find a problem internally. I even changed the theme and then changed back and the problem was still there for the one post (though it looked normal on the other theme). I've waiting for a few days now hoping it would magically resolve itself, but it hasn't.

    Any suggestions?!

    The blog is: http://ithoughtyoudlikethis.wordpress.com

    The blog I need help with is ithoughtyoudlikethis.wordpress.com.

  2. Go to Settings > Writing and select “ ___ WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically” and then scroll down and click “Save Changes.”

    Now, starting with your latest post, open it in the editor, make one minor change such as adding a space and then deleting it, and then click “Update Post.” Check your blog and see if it is back to normal.

    If it’s not, then edit the post look for an open HTML tag and close it. Check your blog again and see if it is back to normal. If it’s still “messed up” then open the next post and do the same thing post by post until it goes back to normal.

    If you have been copying and pasting text from elsewhere without using either icon 5 or icon 6 in Row 2 of the visual editor, please see here so you know how to do this correctly in the future. http://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/#pasting-text

  3. You don't have to edit each post: you can start by clicking on the title of each post on your actual front page to see which one produces erratic results in the sidebar (in your case it's "Ma Vie").

  4. As @panaghiotisadam pointed out, your post "Ma Vie" was the culprit. I took a look at the post in "HTML" mode in the post editor, and at the end, there was some stray mark-up. The stray mark-up included a closing "div" tag:

    </dd></dl></div>

    I removed this for you and your site should display properly now.

  5. Gosh, thanks so much!!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic