Need help? Check out our Support site, then


Oxygen: wrong fonts are displayed

  1. slambpoetryslam
    Member

    Hi,

    in Safari and Firefox (maybe in other browsers too), the wrong fonts are shown when loading my site. In chrome it works fine..

    When I look under "currently used fonts", the are correctly set to Raleway for headings and Museo Sans for body text, but when I load the page, everything is shown in the wrong font (I think in Abel).

    I just added a custom domain yesterday - could it be a DNS problem?

    I tried changing it to different fonts in the custom design but it didn't show any changes in the preview...

    How can I fix this???

    Thanks!

    The blog I need help with is slamb.at.

  2. slambpoetryslam
    Member

    I put the following code in my css now:

    .wf-active .main-navigation a {
    font-family: raleway-1,raleway-
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: 100;
    font-variant: normal;
    font-size: 1.4133333333333em;
    }

    and it seems to be working (in some browsers at least) - firefox 24.0 and safari 6.0.5 are displaying the fonts correctly now! I used safari's user agent to simulate how different browser display the site now: if you can trust that, only internet explorer is still showing the wrong font - don't know how to resolve that...

  3. Hi, I'm seeing raleway-1 in Safari, Firefox and in Chrome on my Mac. The second font you have in the stack, raleway- isn't a valid font designation at Typekit. You should probably use the following font stack, which I pulled from a different part of your site, or at the very least, add the "2" after the dash. I would suggest the following though as it gives fallback fonts in case the two Typekit web fonts don't load correctly.

    raleway-1,raleway-2,"Abel","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif

    I don't have IE, but I did look at IE9, IE10 and IE11 at browsershots.org and the font is showing up there in IE9 and IE10.

    Internet Explorer 9
    Internet Explorer 10
    Internet Explorer 11

  4. In the event those screenshots don't come up, I'll also post these three.

    Internet Explorer 9
    Internet Explorer 10
    Internet Explorer 11

  5. slambpoetryslam
    Member

    Hi, thank you trying it in different browsers. I didn't know browsershots.org - very useful, so thanks for the tip!

    I deleted the code I posted earlier from my CSS to see if it would work without it now and apparently it does - tested it via browsershots in a few browsers. Could the domain change have been the cause of the problem?

    Would you still suggest putting

    raleway-1,raleway-2,"Abel","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif

    in my CSS? If so: how exactly do I enter it there? Which selectors should I use?

  6. Hi, that is great that the fonts are working now. Yes, the domain change could have delayed things. If you wish to change the main navigation font to raleway with the changes you had above, I would suggest the following.

    .wf-active .main-navigation a {
    font-family: raleway-1,raleway-2,"Abel","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: 100;
    font-variant: normal;
    font-size: 1.4133333333333em;
    }
  7. jordan88888888
    Member

    Yes very unhappy with the default font changing. I chose this theme for its elegant font and now I haver a thicker clunky one.
    I have not made any domain changes and do not use CSS.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic