Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Page Rank and 301 redirects

1. coffeeaddict007

I am so confused, I really am not technically minded and quite new to wordpress.

I set up my wp blog a few months back, still hosted with wordpress. I feel it is doing really well, and has a page rank of 3. A friend of mine is trying to convince me that I should move my blog and host elsewhere with my own domain so that I can do affiliate marketing on the site.

I have been looking at some posts in the forum but I am still unclear. If I move my blog onto my own new domain, will I lose my PR?

I was told I could do a 301 redirect but, can I do this on my wordpress blog? If so how, and will this carry my PR over?

Any help would be great
    Thanks

2. Yes, if you use a 301 redirect your pagerank will pass over. It won't happen immediately but will take about 2 weeks which isn't bad at all.

3. coffeeaddict007

Great Lee, thanks for your reply! Like I said I am not technical at all.. Would I not need to access the wordpress server to perform a 301 redirect?.. Any guidance as to how I go about getting a 301 redirect on wp done would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

4. Hi guys, I'm afraid we're unable to offer 301 redirects here, sorry about that!

5. You can redirect your blog by following http://faq.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/can-i-redirect-my-blog/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic