I really fancy Panel and I've been trying it out since it was released. However, I've encountered some issues and questions I would very much like to see clarified.
I've noticed when the front page display the latest posts their featured images aren't displayed. I wanted to, so I've follow the steps on the theme's page and made my front page display "Featured News" instead of "Latest News".
However, I wanted to preserve the option of reading through all my posts, which could be obtained by changing the front page options and assigning a page to display posts. This is where the problems began.
Several issues so far:
- I'd expected to see the posts displayed on the assigned "Latest" page as they were, previously, in the Front page, under the header "Latest News", but the content is pulled up (for a browser window width greater than 800 px, I believe; happens too on Firefox) and you can't read the beginning of it. Example here. Also, concerning the "Latest News" header, please consider making it appear, as it does when the posts page is the front page.
- When removing the "Featured News", that is, deleting the used tag in Settings so the front page will only display the page "Home", the header "Latest News" appears and below it the page "Home" is displayed yet again.
- Regarding the "Latest" page (Posts page) there are several things I don't follow: (note: I think issues begin when you first click "older posts")
- Why some posts display the featured image in similar fashion to "Featured News" and others don't (even when they aren't sticky), after clicking "Older Posts"? I would be interested in having my posts displayed as such. Also, why does it displays differently when you refresh the page? (examples: "Ouran High School Host Club episode 3", "YUMEKA Sumomo", "Shiawase Kissa 3-choume" ).
- Regarding the topic above, in that case, how does marking a post as sticky influence its display? (That is, maybe having sticky/feature posts display in the same manner as in "Featured News"?)
- Similarly, some posts (for example aside posts) initially don't display the "Aside" header or an image in the beginning, but will do if you refresh the page (think this happens after you first click "Older Posts". Not sure if this happens only to aside posts).
- I've noticed the different "Continue Reading→", "Read More", "(more...)" (the last being when front page displays latest posts) which appear, but in some posts the more tag doesn't display at all (again, happens in posts after first clicking "Older Posts")
- After clicking "Older Posts" for the first time, the font size of the comments number increases, too. The distances/width (content, sidebar) also change
Upon further investigation, I've discovered the display difference happens when a tag is assigned (featured news enabled). Nonetheless, the content pull, distance change and comment font increase issues still persist.
To further illustrate things:
- Front page display latest posts (latest/featured posts) - No issues
- Front page issue
- Content pulled up and distance change issues
- Post display difference
To view the font increase issue in the comment balloon, go to "Latest" page, scroll down until you reach "Older posts" button, click it and compare the font size of the first wave of posts with the font size of the next waves of posts.
Sorry for any redundancy.
Looking forward to your reply,
The blog I need help with is sugardrops.wordpress.com.