Need help? Check out our Support site, then

PHOTO AVATAR PROFILE & OPTIONS

1. Hello,

I thought I was uploading a picture to be visible as my profile picture but that hasn't occured.

I went to USERS, then YOUR PROFILE (AND PERSONAL OPTIONS) and ended up uploading a picture which comes under MY PICTURE headline on the screen in front of me. It seems to be referred to as an avatar, which I have no idea as to what that means.

I'd like to remove the picture, but that option doesn't seem available.

Help!!!

2. yep, the one which has appeared on the post above and will likely appear on this post too!

i don't get it!

3. An avatar is more or less a sort of signature pic which appears next to your name. Unfortunately the option to delete it isn't available at the moment. If you didn't have a pic there then a question mark would appear. So the only thing I can suggest is that you either replace it with a pic you like, or replace it with a white, black, or grey square pic.

4. WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? IT'S VERY RUDE AND IS UNACCEPTABLE MOST PLACES ON THE NET INCLUDING HERE!

Create a quick 32 X 32 white square and upload that. Not sure why there isn't a method of deleating the previous one though. I'll send in a feedback for you.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

edit: Here's a link to the default if you would rather upload that.

5. I don't think Simonbenja was shouting, merely emphasising. Not everyone knows how to do <b>bold</b> in html (yet). Or should I use 'strong' instead of 'bold'? :)

I'm just answering in this thread to see if my avatar does show up - I thought they would come in the comments too, but I haven't seen that yet - probably doing something wrong again...

edit: the avatar does its thing, but my html doesn't - now what are backticks and where do I find them on my keyboard? (I hope the cat doesn't catch them...)

6. Me too thinks that Simonbenja wasn't shouting. He didn't mean to - in fact there was a time when I didn't know that caps was shouting.

7. What's with all the hostility? I think the admins/moderators are doing a wonderful job with the forum.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic