Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Please help

1. I'm trying to build a business website for my dad's company and I am struggling pretty badly. One of the hardest things is putting a logo where I want it to go. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

The blog I need help with is trimsideout.com.

The blog I need help with is trimsideout.com.

2. Hi there, let's see if we can get things looking the way you want them to look. First off, where do you want the logo?

Second thing, the WordPress.com footer credits have to remain visible on the site per the Terms of Service (#11), so if you could please, take the following out of your custom CSS. Thanks in advance.

.site-info {
        display: none;
    }
  3. I fixed the footer sorry I wasn't aware of that. I think I have the logo the place I want as well.

Is it possible to move the tagline around to a more relevant place? It is pretty unnoticeable.

Lastly, whenever you click on a page tab it brings up the page and also list the word "Home" for example on the actually page. Is there a way to remove that?

4. For the tagline, the following moves it over next to your logo.

#site-title {
        width: 250px;
    }
    #site-description {
        font-size: 110%;
        font-weight: bold;
        margin-top: 100px;
        float: left;
    }

To remove the page title from the content area, add the following. I've specifically targeted pages.

.page .entry-title {
        display: none;
    }
  5. Thank you so much sacredpath you are a HUGE help. Is there another way to contact you for a direct response from you?

6. Hmmm I don't think I am going to have more than 4 or 5 page tabs. That is going to leave a big empty space in the page tab bar. Is it at all possible to maybe space them out or make the tabs bigger to equally fit the tab bar?

7. @trimsideout, you can find me most days here in the CSS forum, so just post here and I'll be more than happy to help.

Add the following to your CSS and adjust as desired to add extra spacing on the menu items.

#access a {
        padding-right: 60px;
    }

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic