Need help? Check out our Support site, then


Posts not appearing on tag page or tag RSS feed.

  1. I have posted a couple of post, the latest being this one

    http://western-hindu.org/2010/07/18/hinduism-and-judaism-mutual-understanding/

    that have been in the category "hinduism" but don't appear in the tag page or RRS feed feed at http://en.wordpress.com/tag/hinduism/

    Another earlier post

    http://western-hindu.org/2010/07/10/two-western-hindus-following-vaishnava-path/

    does show in feed, currently at the end of the second page.

    I don't think I did anything different in the later two posts. What am I doing wrong?

    The blog I need help with is western-hindu.org.

  2. Did you schedule the posts to go up after a certain period of time? Did you manually Save them while working on them and prior to publishing? I'm trying to pin down some RSS errors, myself.

  3. I didn't schedule them to post at a later date. However I did manually save them as they took several sessions to write. However these pages were started after the page that does show up was published, so its not a case of them appearing at the date the post was first saved - they don't appear at all.

    I contacted support about this on Monday and have not had an answer, so I thought I would try here to see if I am doing something wrong or if others are having the same problem.

  4. Interesting. I can't think of anything that would prevent them from going out in the feed. There is an unusual character in the title of the post, between "mutual" and "understanding" though. Perhaps you could edit the title? I know it'll change the permalink but it's worth a shot.

  5. Thanks raincoaster.
    Strange,
    I don't see a strange character just a space. I have re-edited the title deleting and reinserting the space just in case though.

  6. I could see it in the code, but it's not visible. Hopefully that will clear out the blockage; if not, I'm out of suggestions and just think you should report it to staff.

  7. Thanks,
    I did report it on Monday, but have not heard anything yet. Looking at the source I can see that for some reason it has put a non-breaking space   in. I don't think this is the problem because the same thing has happened in the title of the post that does show up.

  8. It was worth a shot!

    I'm noticing on my own feed that...it's not going out either. Which of course does not take me to my happy place. I confirmed that on Facebook, which normally pulls in my posts via the Networked Blogs app. It pulls the other two blogs in just fine. I've reported it to staff, so hopefully they'll look into this.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags