Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Re: 2010 theme

1. I now use Vigilance theme. My address is http://lornakismet.wordpress.com

I don't know where in this WorePress site I read it, but I read that before switching from one's present theme to the new 2010 theme, one should add two CATEGORIES or PAGES or something or other to the existing blog, so that the 2010 blog can acquire them smoothly.

I did not understand the terms used because they are new in 2010.

Thus my question is: Before switching to the 2010 theme, what must one do to the existing theme to make the transition smooth and complete? I realize that this is light on details, but I cannot find that page that describes the new 2010 template. Everything is scattered around here. It is not in the Home page or the New Theme section. I am lost.

~~LK

The blog I need help with is lornakismet.wordpress.com.

2. As far as I know, Twenty Ten is no different than other themes. If you used the split sidebar, you may want to move all your widgets to the wide sidebar before switching. You may also want to copy the text out of your text widgets to a plain text editor to back them up, but other than that, you shouldn't see anything unusual.

I'm basing this on my own experience switching from Vigilance to 2010.

3. Ah, http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/i-clicked-activate-2010-andscary?replies=9 kinda relates to my above answer.

You can read about 2010 in Matt Thomas' introduction post about it
    http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/new-theme-twenty-ten/

The two categories he talks about "Gallery" and "Asides" simply style the posts differently on your blog's front page. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.

4. @lornakismet Could you please consolidate your questions about a theme into one post/thread in the feature so the volunteers won't have to bounce from thread to thread answering questions that can be answered under one thread which would also benefit other WP.com members...

Thanks in advance

Slik Bonez

5. ~~@slikbonez you look familiar. :)

6. @tjennifer, Yep it's me t3ck, :P

7. I apologize to Slikbonez, who asked:

@lornakismet Could you please consolidate your questions about a theme into one post/thread in the feature so the volunteers won't have to bounce from thread to thread answering questions that can be answered under one thread which would also benefit other WP.com members... Thanks in advance Slik Bonez”

What happens is that as soon as a question pops up, I write a question on it rather than stocking up several questions to put on one post.

~LK

8. Just Jennifer said: “I'm basing this on my own experience switching from Vigilance to 2010. ”

Jennifer, what is it about 2010 that made you switch to it from Vigilance?

~LK

9. Readability and the ability to easily customize it for starters.

In my opinion, the only thing that would make this theme untouchable in popularity would be the ability to switch to a "dark" version, like you can now on Inuit Types.

This.theme.seriously.rocks.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags