I'm taking to heart the oft-repeated advice to compose using an offline blog editor for backup purposes if nothing else, but would like recommendations on which to use. The comparison guides I can find via search engines are mostly not very recent, and it seems that each editor has its strengths and weaknesses in different areas.
So, I thought if I described some relevant characteristics about how I blog now to you friendly folks, you might have some recommendations for me:
- I use the HTML editor almost exclusively. I use basic markup frequently: strong, em, blockquote, strike. I let the HTML editor magically insert the paragraph and list element markup for me & really appreciate that.
- On the rare occasions that I use media, I usually rely on the "Upload/Insert" helpers. I switch to a visual editor only for placement of images or other media, and may then switch back to HTML for further tweaking. I use the "more" button to insert that directive because I can never quite remember how to spell its syntax.
- I use categories and tags. I schedule posts for later publication.
- I use both standard and aside formats. I don't use gallery format.
- I frequently preview to read through what I've written and then go back to the editor tab to revise.
- I'm looking for something that will support crossposting.
- I presently blog only at wordpress.com.
- I'm not interested in ads or making money with my blog.
- I don't do much social media. I'll likely do Twitter someday.
- I write lengthy comments. (I have no idea if blog editors are used for comments too.)
- I use Windows 7. I don't use any Windows Live programs, don't use Microsoft Office (I use OpenOffice instead), and dislike its l"ribbonized" ook&feel.
Thanks for any suggestions!
The blog I need help with is gaudetetheology.wordpress.com.