Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Search Engine Results 404

1. When I click on "this week" in the admin panel to view the site stats of the search engine results, it gives me a 404 page.

The blog I need help with is tcfpodcast.wordpress.com.

2. My stats are loading. Which browser and version of it are you using? Have you tried logging out, clearing your browser cache and cookies, and then logging in again?

3. I'm getting similar results to saltine713... If I go to the Search Engine results for This Week (current and prior day results are FINE), I am getting redirected to a Page Not Found document within my WordPress.com site.

I've been checking into it all day since this AM I got the Not Found results and then a few hours later it started simply redirecting me to the home page of my WordPress blog. I hoped that meant maybe something was being worked on. Checked again this PM to see if there's further change, and I'm back to the Page Not Found.

Not able to contact support on the issue; am hoping these boards are monitored.

4. Yes Staff do monitor forum threads and I have flagged this thread for Staff attention.

5. It's all fixed up now, thanks for letting us know!

6. interpretermedical

When click on stats, I just the logo W in the middle with the circle going around and around, never ending. I use firefox 4.0.

7. Is this on a WordPress.com blog, or a self-hosted blog with a plugin?

8. .Com

9. interpretermedical

unsubscribe

10. hey,i have scewed up smthng on my blog bcz whn i search my posts thru any search engine like google the link leads to 404 error..i found in the support that it happens if i have published my post at a given time and then edit it to another date.i have done so.what is the solution?wt shd i do now?can't i assign any date from the last year i.e. when i had actually documented it??please help...

11. I'm afraid I'm going to need you to rephrase your question.

In general, editing the date on a post after it's already published is a terrible idea. Google thinks the post is in one place, and now it's in another.

12. One does not have to change the datestamp when editing a post - edit and do not change the datestamp. Never ever change datestamps on posts. Dates are embedded in the URLs by the software. If you do then you have broken the link and created a "404" (page not found).

13. ~~raincoaster
    g'evening :)

14. Howdy. Busy night for a long weekend, isn't it?

15. Your 404's are going to be with you for a while - I moved my site over 6 months ago and Google still has a pile of 404's for my site because the directory structure was different.

Yes I have ask Google to take the old pages out - but only sort of luck - every few days Google digs up some old reference to my site and throws up a new 404 error - even on Posts that I have ask it to remove.

Take @timethief's & @raincoaster's advice on the date stamps and addresses.

16. Yes it is. I've been hard at work since my packet with the stuff I needed for the next job arrived on Friday. Sigh I'd rather be blogging.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags