Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Several problems - overbearing autosave & unresponsive script

1. Let me first start off with this - the blog that this problem is occurring on is not my own; I simply have access to write and edit on it. The owner of the site has been doing some major tinkering with it from the looks of it. The version we're on is 2.6.3 and I'm pretty sure he has upgraded to css or ccs... whatever the true personalization upgrade is called.

I'd like to say that I've tried searching for a solution to this problem but couldn't find one on this forum. If this has been answered I'd GREATLY appreciate a point in the right direction.

My main problem is the autosave; it literally saves every minute, freezing the entire browser window. This has not once been a problem before. For starters, the autosave function didn't kick off every bloomin' minute and it never froze the entire window. Now, it's kind of like a scratch you can't itch; it bugs the you-know-what out of you but there's nothing you can do about it. Secondly, when writing, the letters I'm typing will be delayed and I'll look up to see where I'm at, think I screwed up and start backspacing. Come to find out I was doing fine and just caused myself more hassle than necessary.

Secondly, I get an "Unresponsive Script" error EVERY time I open a "Write" page. Even after I've published the post, it happens when the new, blank post window comes up; it also happens when I save and the page gets refreshed. This, too, freezes the window entirely. It has a check box that says "Don't Ask Again" but guess what, It does anyway! Here is the script error:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/TheNewestBooM/twgproblem.jpg

Now, I'm sure that's a problem with one of the add-ons the site owner put on, but it's annoying, to say the least.

Thank you for reading and helping out beforehand.

2. If you are talking about add-ons, you are in the wrong forum. This forum is for blogs hosted at wordpress.COM. You need to be over at http://wordpress.ORG/support/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic