Need help? Check out our Support site, then

sidebar at bottom of page & font is getting bigger!!

1. hey there!!
    need some help here.
    the sidebar on my front page is below all the posts!! but after i clicked to read e posts, e sidebar is situated correctly at the side.
    and the fonts at my front page are getting bigger and bigger day by day!!!!
    i didn't change any settings, and it's only the front page which gives me problems.
    the theme i'm using is Cutline by Chris Pearson.
    anyone able to help??
    here's the blog address: http://lovemoncheri.wordpress.com
    thank you!!!

2. You're copying and pasting from Word, aren't you? It always does that. This is because when you do that you pick up invisible HTML commands and they're not properly closed so they change everything after that point, making each post bigger and bigger.

To change this you need to:

A) stop pasting from Word. Either write directly in the posting box, use an offline blog editor like Blogdesk or Ecto, or write in Word, copy that, paste it into Wordpad using "Paste Special, Remove Formatting," copy that and paste that in. Then format it.
    and
    B) edit every one of the posts you've made by pasting from Word. Go into Edit, then click on the last icon on the right, which will give you the Advanced Toolbar. Then click on the broom icon to clean up your code.

3. lovemoncheri, you have many unclosed
    <div style="text-align:center;">
    tags in the last 2 posts.
    Edit the code of each post and close them with a </div> tag before the <!- -more- -> tag. If you want to center the part of the post after the <!- -more- -> tag you'll have to re-open the divs after it. Like this:
    1. open div
    2. content
    3. close div
    4. more tag
    5. open div
    6. content
    7. close div

4. to raincoaster, we did not copy and paste from word. we have been uploading our entries directly from wordpress, typing every single word and uploading all the pictures straight.

to isadora, i've tried closing the codes. but it seems like i'm making things worse. i'm still not sure what exactly am i doing right and wrong with the codes =(

5. lovemoncheri, I see, you closed all of them, but the last one, right before the <!-- more --> tag. It cannot work.

Edit the first post and delete all the div tags you see (all of them) and then put at the very beginning
    and, immediately before the <!-- more --> tag one (and only one!) tag:
    </div>
    then again,
    immediately after the <!-- more --> tag, and then close the post with the last
    </div>.
    The result should look like:

My text and my pictures
    </div>
    <!--more-->
    My text and my pictures
    </div>

(In this example I wrote "my text and my pictures" as a sort of placeholder for the text and pictures of your post)

6. really thanks a lot isadora!!!!
    finally everything's back to normal!!!
    thanks a lot!!!!

7. I seem to have the same problem on my page: http://uberhim.wordpress.com/

Any ideas isadora?

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic