Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Spammers & Hand Holders

1. Well. All right, then. I never would have realized all that arrogance and belittlement and unnecessary patronising was happening if I hadn't been told.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out from now on - I wouldn't want to miss any!

2. Well. Alright then. That made perfect sense.

3. There could, btw, be several explanations for the issue about getting stuck in spam.
    http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=32475&replies=12#post-232825

That question was not out of line. Not in the slightest. There are three different things I know of which could cause the comments not to show up...wait, four. And that question would get exactly the information needed to figure out which it was.

I was kind of shocked to be left off that list of patronizing responses. Don't you know who I AM????

But I know that volunteer and s/he is never flip, just to the point. We may seem brusque, but it's because we are not here for emotional support, we're just here to provide answers. Sometimes we have to ask questions first. That's just how it goes.

4. It's not really the volunteers who have the attitude problem, it seems. I thought you looked familiar.
    http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=31917&replies=24#post-229450

5. We may seem brusque, but it's because we are not here for emotional support, we're just here to provide answers.

No-one's asking for emotional support, just that you guys don't act like pricks. But don't mind me; my opinions clearly mean jackshit here.

Sometimes we have to ask questions first. That's just how it goes.

There are ways to go about that without being pricks. I've given two examples today.

Yeah, the link you provided has already been (partially) quoted from. You're late.

And it was you who started with the attitude in that thread, and that's why I responded the way I did. I then gave you the benefit of the doubt and apologized for having misread had your comment (no-one seems to have noticed that). Then I find you over hear making comments which support my initial impression of you. So don't even try to turn this around on me.

The attitudes I speak of, some of you admit to right here in thread which is exactly why I commented like I did. But I guess you guys can be jackasses and we're just supposed to smile and kiss your ass. If we don't, we're the ones with the problem.

Whatthefuckever.

6. Are you paid by the word?

7. Oh Rain, some microchepaly cretins are just as wordy as you can see. Still, that wont grow him/her a zeppelin brain; once a nut-sized, remains for-fuckin-ever the same!

8. This is IMHO recommended reading for getting the most out of forum volunteers: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro

9. Not everything applies, of course. But it helps to have read it.

And I should check in more frequently.

10. Late as always. Diamond-I could just kiss you. Thank you for starting this thread. In the past 48 hours I've been close to blowing a proverbial gasket as I have ever been here. Just don't anyone say the "A" word, otherwise...kah-boom!

11. Oh, one more thing, for some reason posters aren't either tagging their posts at all or well, so it certainly helps to tag a thread with an appropriate tag.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic