Need help? Check out our Support site, then

"Starting soon, your stats page will be on the WordPress.com homepage only."

1. I am pretty sure (read as: absolutely positive) that a LARGE number of users have let you know that we don't like the new stats page, AND.OR that we WILL NOT like the stats page, unless it includes the left-hand menu that gives us access to the entire blog. "Yes, yes, we have heard you. Thank you for your feedback..." blah blah blah, the My Stats page STILL does not include the ALL IMPORTANT left-hand menu, and yet I have this message on my "real" stats page warning me that the move will happen.

If I liked it when user feedback went unheeded, I would still be a Facebook user.

(Ahem.) Please MAKE SURE that we still have access to our COMPLETE MENU STRUCTURE from the "My Stats" page if you're going to make them one and the same.

Thanks!!!

The blog I need help with is akagringita.wordpress.com.

2. Maybe they'll listen, probably they won't, but in the meantime you can do something to make things more secure for yourself (if you haven't already) and make your browser connection secure, so that when the stats load on the home page, they're not on an HTTP connection but an HTTPS one. To do that, go to your dashboard, scroll down to Users, then Personal Settings and on that page, check the Browser Connection option.

When they first announced this move for the Stats page to the home page, I posted a comment (in their blog) about security concerns as when I first visited it, it was HTTP only. Now it's HTTPS, so they do listen... sometimes... to some things. But I suspect the home page is where it'll stay.

Here's the page about Admin Security:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/

3. Well, just to be perfectly honest with you: I have not the slightest idea what you were reflecting about? All stats look similiar to me execpt that the green which highlights our highlights looks a bit weak.

I think that honouring the mechanisms of climate change and the fact that even greenland is about to become greener we are allowed – at least – to expect a stronger green, aren't we?

And Facebook? I never tried and I never won't.

With kind regards:
    Yours hamster

4. The new stats page is HORRIBLE news. When I've mistakenly clicked on it, I always cuss it. Why mess around with something that works? Is it difficult for WP to continue giving us the same dashboard/stats page?

I'm not someone who doesn't like change. I actually enjoy change. But I don't like bad changes.

What a shame.

5. The tiny type on the new stats page is a big problem for bloggers with older eyes. I'm going to have to zoom in every time I want to look as stats and them zoom out again for other blogging activities. Not a good set of choices for me, and this may well drive me from WordPress to Blogger.

6. This from another forum. Note to Jetpack users: Your stats will still be available in your wp-admin dashboard. However, you may still enjoy viewing your stats on WordPress.com.
    If this is possible for Jetpack users why can you not make it an option for the rest of us and allow us to choose instead of treating us like children who know no better and must be dragged in to doing it your way. Respect please for the people who keep this site alive with their blogs !!!

7. What can the point, or net result, of such a move be?

8. If you are NOT going to retain access to the old stats page, I have only one answer for you:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

If you ask me if I like anything about the new stats page, my answer is:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

I hope that is clear enough for you.

9. The type on the new stats page is bigger than tbe old one, but it displays SO badly.

10. Does this mean only the blog owner can see them? I don't want everyone who signs in to see that....

11. Specifics why I do NOT want the new Stats page:

1. You cannot select or copy any of the stats numbers.
    2. "New Posts" leads to this VERY UNINTUITIVE posting option that is pretty much useless to me
    3. There is NO access to any of the Links on the left hand column in the old Stats page
    4. The stats page is my daily start page for ANY of my operations, new post, add media, settings, etc. NOT having these in the new Stats page will mean I will not use it.
    5. If you have indeed read all of the complaints from seemingly hundreds of other users about the new stats page, and that most like the stats page as it has been, WHY WOULD YOU ELIMINATE THE OLD STATS PAGE?

I love WordPress for my daily work, but I do NOT care for the occasional "dictatorial" changes; with no seeming regard for what us users, who have become fluent in using it like it is.

At the very least, keep the old stats page setup. Give us the option of using either.

12. It appears WP is NOT listening to anyone's complaints about this. Perhaps we need to be stronger in our protests...such as on the day stats move away forever people should put up a PROTEST post on their blogs about it...and organise a boycott of the homepage, if you against it, for 24 hours. Maybe then they will do more than say 'yours to WP users who have tried to get them to listen to justified complaints!!!

13. It appears WP is NOT listening to anyone's complaints about this.

They listen. Just ask them. They just probably won't pay any attention unless this thread gets somehwhere around 28,000,000 unique users saying, "I hate it!," and even then there is only about a 10% chance they will give in.

This is not a democracy.

Welcome to WordPress.com.

14. Why are they doing this? I don;t want everyone on the block viewing my stats page!!!
    We are looking at moving to blogger instead. Who's big freakin idea was this and what is the reason for it? Why are people always trying to fix what ain't broke???????

15. No one can view your stats except for you or someone else that you have made an editor or admin on the site (just as it is on the dashboard).

16. kauilapele: Like you, I also think the New Post page from homepage is useless. USELESS. I live in fear of the day they decide it's all the posting capability I *really* need. Which they probably will, since allasudden they think they know, better than I do, what matters to me as a blogger.

17. I still don;t understand why they are doing this in the first place.

18. Am I understanding this correctly? I will only be able to post from the home page?

19. Am I understanding this correctly? I will only be able to post from the home page?

Yes.

20. PPJG: No. (Or at least, not yet.)

But then again, the new Stats page started out as just something on the Homepage, and is now slated to replace the existing Stats page.

THE NEW STATS PAGE IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT OVER THE OLD ONE. WP, I BEG YOU, DO NOT MAKE THIS CHANGE UNTIL/UNLESS YOU INCORPORATE USER FEEDBACK TO MAINTAIN THE FEATURES WE LIKED/NEEDED FROM THE "OLD" PAGE!!!

Yeah. I know. They aren't going to listen.

Seems like WP is taking a page out of FB's playbook, and ignoring user concerns.

Bad. Bad. Bad Idea.

21. I don't like change especially when I can see no good reason for it. So come on WP, why, when so many loyal users are clearly unhappy about this, are you doing it?

Or is it just a case of "Because we can" .

22. It's confusing. Now I have to click my id to get the menu to go back.....

23. I'd be grateful for any feedback from users who have used other blog sites for their blogs. Blogger, etc. Do they think those are better, worse, the same?

24. this appears to be a redirection of hits for their site. people that normally do not go to wordpress.com will have to go there. that will up their stats by millions

25. This could be really beneficial if they have a tentative buyer or are looking to jack up their ad revenues

26. I hate the new stats page. I too have older eyes and I don't like the way it works. The display is awful, and it isolates me from the left hand tool bars. Seem so stupid to change it. I think they have seen how much traffic stats get and have decided that they want that traffic on their own home page. Probably will be subject to advertisements and so on in the future as well. Part of a larger plan, that can be counted on. One that is good for them, but not necessarily for bloggers.

27. I may be too much of a newbie to notice the changes very much,
    but we will still have the dashboard yes?
    I like the idea that the new stats page will have an area which shows which country each visitor come from, that will be fun to see, but beyond that I don't understand yet what the differences this change will make.

28. What a clever way to get folks to visit their homepage.

I, for one, will not visit their homepage when it takes effect.... Change is good...when its for the better. This is just a hassle and a waste of time. Boo....

29. You know where this is heading don't you? A year or year and a half from now there won't be a dashboard. You will do everything from tabs on the wordpress.com home page. That means the hits to the wordpress.com main page will go through the roof and wordpress.com will be the "most visited web page" in all the universe.

I can already hear all the fanboiz.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic