Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Testing 2010 and 2011 themes

1. lejardinetdesigns

I have been experimenting with the 2010 theme (colors, pages etc) but would now like to do the same with 2011. I can easily PREVIEW the 2011 but can't actually try editing using that theme. I haven't activated the 2010 so I'm not sure why I can't try something else.

The blog I need help with is lejardinetdesigns.wordpress.com.

2. If you have been experimenting with CSS editing then CSS is theme specific. If you have custom CSS and later change themes, you need to delete whatever CSS you have in the Editor, otherwise, you’ll get undesired results.

To ‘reset’ a theme, you need to delete the CSS in the Editor, make sure the “add to existing CSS” radio button is checked, then save. Things should go back to normal.

When you alter a theme’s stylesheet, you only need to put in the Editor the modification/additions to the CSS, not the entire thing. Read this for more info:
    http://csswiz.wordpress.com/2009/10/15/if-you-have-the-wp-com-css-upgrade/

3. I haven't activated the 2010 so I'm not sure why I can't try something else.

There has to be a theme activated on the blog. The default theme for every new blog is 2011. You can go here > Appearance > Themes and the name of the theme currently in use will be displayed at the top of that page.

4. lejardinetdesigns

I'm not that clever!! I've just been changing background colors, page layouts etc using the prompts under the dashboard.

5. lejardinetdesigns

Timethief that shows me I'm using 2010 but honestly don't remember activating it!! I was just trying to test it to see if I could do what I wanted using that theme. How can I change it?

6. To change themes go to appearance > themes in your dashboard, find the theme you want to use and then activate it. You can use the search box to search by name which will make it easier than going through page after page of themes.

7. > Apearance > Themes
    scroll down and type "Twenty Eleven" into the theme selection box and click
    When the thumbnail appears click "activate".

8. lejardinetdesigns

Thank you both. As I said, I hadn't realized that I had in fact activated 2010!! Such a rookie.

9. You're welcome from me. :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags