I'm making a website using the Oxygen theme for a friend's business, and I'm having trouble with the slider. I read through the instructions and the threads I could find on WordPress.com's support pages, but I still can't get the slider to show up on the page I want. Here's what I've done:
• I have set my front page to be static, and I've chosen a posts page in settings.
• I have gone into that posts page and changed its Page Attributes—Template to be "Showcase Page".
• I didn't have any posts before (as this is a new site), but I created two today. I made sure to upload the image in each post with a width larger than 750 pixels.
• When I insert the image, I first choose the size with a width of 750 pixels, then I press "Use as featured image", then I press "Insert into Post".
• I can see the image in my editing box and in the lower portion of the right-hand column for the Featured Image.
• I select "Stick this post to the front page" under Visability—Public.
• I publish the post.
However, when I visit the posts page online, my posts still only show up as blog entries. Perhaps I've missed a step? I've also tried to manually add a slideshow to the page with no luck.
If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. The site is http://jimsclockrepair.wordpress.com/, and I'm trying to get the slideshow to appear on the "Clocks for Sale" page.
Thank you all for reading this and for offering any advice you might have!