Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Undocumented features with theme 2010 and reflagging is intermittent

1. I am fighting to undocumented enhancements.

First, and the more unique for me.

I was able to reblog a couple of blogs. The reblog feature is intermittent. Sometimes I can reblog from a site and sometimes I cannot. OK, I gotta think some of the "sites" are preferences on their end.

But, this has happened on same sites. At first, I thought, "That is nice. You cannot reblog a post multiple times." Then I noticed that other posts were also unavailable. But. other bloggers were re-blogging.

I don't think it would be first come first serve, sometimes multiple bloggers re-blog ....

I can copy and paste.

Second, most ANNOYING..... The link button is intermittent as I write posts and pages.

Third, most AGGRAVATING ..... HTML coding goes intermittent as I try to work around 2 .....

I was a geek once upon a time. So, 2 & 3 are really out there.

Hosted by wordpress.com

Editing has been done through safari (viewing through firefox)

Theme 2010 ....

OS Mac Lion .... I know - that has its own set of peculiarities. Surely, that is not affecting server side code? And I will test those peculiarities when I get a Windoze & Linux boxes back beside the Lion.

I am in the FSU .... I cannot see that being an issue other than slow ....

I used to be a blogger, so I would like to really get back in the swing of things with some of these great features.

Any help is appreciated. And of course, comments are always appreciated .... right?

Wayne

The blog I need help with is luvsiesous.com.

2. Reblogging is getting a big makeover right now so there could be some intermittency and flakiness to it. Hopefully that will settle down shortly as they get the kinks worked out.

2. Some have been reporting this, but I've never been able to reproduce this (lack of) behavior in Safari 5.1.2 or in Firefox 8.0.1 on my Mac. I've even tried an older version of Opera and it works fine as well. Some have had luck by using the "link" button in the HTML editor rather than trying to use the one in the visual editor.

Go to settings > writing and select "Wordpress should automatically correct..." and then save changes. Just in case there is an error in some HTML on the code, that should correct it for you instead of tossing out the link.

3. Again, I've not been able to reproduce this behavior, so I have no workarounds to offer.

I'll tag this thread for staff attention and hopefully they will respond shortly.

3. 1. Reblogging is not really a finished feature yet. We're still working on it.

2 and 3. It sounds like these two are linked. I'm a Lion and Safari user myself, so I doubt those are the problems. Can you tell me the title of a post, page, or draft you're having trouble with, and which word you're trying to link?

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic