Can you suggest a few themes to look at? We were overwhelmed by the number and chose something that seemed to fit the need after the first one didn't. The requirements that have emerged iun no particular order:
- Soothing, harmonious colors that are not jarring to people in shock
- Very clear distinction of where one post ends and the next one starts
- Always visible sidebar. The first theme has a slide out sidebar and that was no good because it is easlily missed if you are not looking for it.
- Would like a row of menus across the complete page. The current theme does not do that.
- Would like a little better formatting of the tag line such as italics. The current one doesn't seem to allow that. I tried so html but it literally comes out in the tag line This is not too important.
- Would like a widget that allows for insertion of catch looking buttons for links to donation funds sites when have them, which shoukd be fairly soon.
- Would like the ability to limit the post to a few lines and then someone clicks a "more" link to see more.
What would also be great if there was a way to easily add something like a membership section to the site for secure, private communications. But it would also have to be one that's easy to set up an account, e.g., person goes to a page, clicks new count, they are prompted for their email and a password, their request goes to an an admin in an email such as me for approval. But also before approving I could open an email back if necessary and ask "who are you?" because I don't know everyone in our small town.
Any ideas on any of this will be a help.