I just contacted our registrar to get their instructions for mapping our existing website over to WordPress.
1. Their process is to go into DNS configuration on their control panel, and delete the two "built in A records."
2. Then, add a "custom DNS A record".
3. to make those changes, I need an IP address to complete their form.
4. They specifically said not to use the name server change to NS1.WORDPRESS.COM, etc. that I read here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/map-existing-domain/
5. Can anyone direct me to where to find the correct wordpress IP address to use?
Blog url: http://monkstestsite.wordpress.com/