Need help? Check out our Support site, then


Widgets in right hand column not aligned and found at bottom of my blog

  1. Hi there,

    I'm having a problem with the display of my home page. The widgets on the right hand column have moved to below my most recent blog post on the right hand side, right at the bottom. (It normally shows at the top right). Older posts seem to be fine and it's just the home page that is having this problem.

    I had this problem once before but I found a post relating to the same thing and it suggested changing the number of posts one can see per page. I had it on three but have changed it to one this morning but the problem still persists.
    Please can someone help me get my page looking like it should.

    Many Thanks!

    The blog I need help with is walking4air.wordpress.com.

  2. First suggestion (nothing to do with your problem) is to use the read more tag in posts with tons of images. That one post on your main page took 2 minutes to load on my wireless internet connection.

    This is most often caused by an open HTML tag in one of your posts.

    Go to settings > writing and select "WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically" and then click "save changes."

    Now, open your latest post in the editor (that's the one with the problem), make one minor change such as adding and then deleting a space, and then click "update post." Check your blog and if it is back to normal, you are golden. It should be.

  3. Thank you sacredpath, I followed your instructions and it seemed to fix the problem and the widgets are back up where they are supposed to be, however, it messed up the photo's and certain photo comments have completely disappeared.

    Not quite sure how to change the post to "read more" as suggested. I did find a setting to just have a piece of the post showing but it doesn't seem to have changed anything whne I go back and check and the full post still shows. Will see if I can figure it out later. Thanks again for your help.

  4. The code that was causing the issue was likely in one of the image insertions, so you might want to delete the images and reinsert them. The change you made at settings > writing should help keep things straight.

    Here is the support document on the read more tag.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic