Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Windows Live Writer 2011 - Unable to download themes

1. I "upgraded" to WordPress from Windows Live Spaces last week and would like to continue to use Windows Live Writer.

The account has been configured and I am able to write and publish articles to my blog, but I have tried several times to Update Themes as was suggested during the conversion process, but every time I attempt this I get the message:

"The blog theme couldn't be downloaded.

You will be able to post to the blog, but you won't be able to see the blog theme while editing posts."

Any suggestions?

The blog I need help with is dbdyck.wordpress.com.

2. 2011 is still in beta, right? Have you tried the latest stable full release?

3. Windows Live Writer 2011 is the latest stable version. It came out of beta in September.

4. Hi There! I recommend trying out the tip left in this reply and see if it solves the theme issue for you. → http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/live-writer-beta-downloading-template-themes?replies=9#post-512998

5. Thanks slikbonez. I thought that was exactly what I had done yesterday, but I must have done it wrong as it worked today. Issue solved for me.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic