ok for starters -
1) what is the difference between wordpress.org and wordpress.com (besides the obvious difference of domain name and colour of logo lol)
2) at the bottom of my site (nataliepriscilla.com) there is the usual "Blog at WordPress.com. Theme: Forever by Automattic." and then a smiley face.
I like smiley faces so that doesn't bother me, what I'm hoping to do is remove the references to wordpress. It's great - it's just not what I'm going for right now.
3) I have read a ton of forum posts and support files on favicons, I have created my own favicon.ico file however everyone is referencing changing code in the header.php and/or uploading the ico file to my ftp. Here is where I am confused. I had my own website that I built myself (in flash of all places, I send my apologies to web-spiders and apple products alike) anyway, I was going to built myself another site from scratch, using html this time lol and then someone suggested wordpress... so I went for it, the cms is confusing me senseless and well... I created this site in wordpress, just signed up through the wordpress site and then I changed my domain name servers to map to by wordpress site so what I'm wondering is where an ftp actually comes into this. As far as I'm aware, my website isn't on an http://ftp... it's somewhere in the magical land of wordpress. Is anyone able to shed some light on this for me?? Thank you in advance.
4) you'll notice that I'm a photographer and that I have posts and pages with photo galleries. I have featured image sticky posts to create my slideshow on my homepage and each of those posts has it's own gallery of related images (I figured this was better than leaving it blank as I wasn't sure if I could link the featured image/post directly to another page on my site). Anyway I also have pages devoted to different photographic genres and so as you can imagine, these overlap with the slideshow.
I thought I'd be able to show images in one gallery, in another gallery on another page however I can't find a way to 'attach' or 'assign' the images to more than one post/page/gallery. Is this possible or do I need to upload every image on the page I want it to be on so that it appears in a gallery? I tried following a support file however it only seemed to work on 'unassigned' images that weren't uploaded to a post or page directly.
5) I'm in the process of submitting a sitemap to google, I know these things take time however I am concerned that it's telling me I have a URL error... not sure if it's worked so will check again later. Another concern I have is that I can see Google has cached my new site... maybe it hasn't indexed all my pages yet - either way, if you google natalie priscilla you will see there ain't much/any meta content in there. I know meta data isn't important (or as important) nowadays with Google scanning your site for relavant links/titles/content and I know that they can or will generate data for the description in the search results for you however I wonder if in WordPress I can set my own meta data? Meta Titles would be fantastic as I really need to push the 'photography' right now I can't be found under photography.
I think this is all for now. The gallery carousel view freaks me out a bit so I will be looking for a lightbox/image gallery plugin - let me know if you know of a good one/how the plug in thing works....
Hopefully someone will be bothered reading this to help me out - thanks heaps!
The blog I need help with is nataliepriscilla.com.