301 redirect for 53 pages

• Author

dannybeattie

Hi,

Creating my new website was a bit of a rushed job, I went from a previously self-written website to a wordpress blog site.

Unfortunately google has indexed pages that no longer exist, webmaster tools tells me that there’s 53 of them to be exact.

How to I create a 301 for these pages via the dashboard? I can’t find any way to do this, all I can see is the whole domain 301, not for individual pages?

Thanks

The blog I need help with is dannybeattie.co.uk.

dannybeattie

Bump

dannybeattie

No help on this then?

Is there anyway to notify a staff member of this post? If it means me leaving wordpress.com to host the site myself then so be it…

raincoaster

The thread has been flagged for staff attention. I’m afraid all you can do is wait, since none of us volunteers have an answer for you.

kathrynwp
    Staff

Just to confirm – you had 53 pages or posts on your WordPress.com site that no longer exist? Does each of the 53 pages have a unique equivalent? Could you give me an example URL?

How to I create a 301 for these pages via the dashboard?

Unfortunately that is not possible. That said, WordPress will automatically redirect pages with slugs that are similar, so if you give me a couple of examples, I might be able to offer some suggestions.

The topic ‘301 redirect for 53 pages’ is closed to new replies.