504 Gateway Time-out – nginx

• Author

hanni

@kaet – oh no! Feel free to blame me, but we’re hoping it’ll be up so you can keep on going with that.

jameskaliway

Thanks guys, it’s nice to find out what’s going on right after noticing there was a problem.

The yellow band info at the top is a fine thing. Hope this will be the new standard in case of general problems on WP…

hanni

@universalgeni it is the system we use to keep you guys alerted when (if!) we ever have big problems. :)

Thanks again, Hanni! :-)

2elmarie

I also have problems here with the “504 Gateway Time-out – nginx” for 40 minutes now.

Should we check back here to see if problem is fixed?

frauladybird

good to read, I’m not the only one who is “off” at the moment. Thought the reason might be changing the browser to Firefox 4.0.

Dear God, give me patience, but quickly, please.

hanni

@2elmarie the latest information will indeed be both here, and in the yellow message you can see across the top of the page. Thanks so much for your patience (and you @frauladybird!)

shiku49

It’s good to know you’re on it. :)
    I was about to panic or smack my computer (in 70% of the cases it’s the reason for any trouble I have xD), but now I can wait, I guess. ;)

2elmarie

@hanni

You guys are doing a wonderful job thanks and patience is a virtue :-)

rborg42

I get the 504 error when I go to make a post,it’s quite an annoyance but hopefully the thing will be fixed!

Got more posts to get done during my daily blogging posts…..

I have a programmed publication for tomorrow…. if the systems still fail, would it public the programmed new entry anyway???

hodyshoran

I get a:

Whoops!

There was a small systems error. Please try refreshing the page and if the error is still there drop us a note and let us know.

too – is this issue still open or did I mess up something?

2elmarie

@shiku49

lol don’ smack your poor computer lol that was funny lol lol lol

kbonikowsky

Can we fix it! Yes you can. :)

frauladybird

“frauladybird.wordpress.com is no longer available”- why do you tell people I have deleted my blog, is that part of the problem you have?

hanni

@desfibriladoretsam your post will publish as normal tomorrow, please don’t worry.

@hodyshoran that’s part of the issue we’re working on. :)

hanni

@frauladybird that’s entirely separate to this problem I’m afraid – it looks like you deleted your blog frauladybird.wordpress.com on October 13th, 160 days ago.

@frauladybird i have noticed this problem a few days ago as well with another blog i frequent. It would be really interesting to hear if this IS related to this problem.

2elmarie

Seeing that the Worpress community are all here… How is everybody !!!! :-) All smiles I hope.
    Thanks to all the Worpress engineers for working on the problem :-)

The topic ‘504 Gateway Time-out – nginx’ is closed to new replies.