504 Gateway Time-out – nginx

• Author

bats0711

I dunno what’s going on but apparently it’s Matt’s fault.

“Goshdarnit!
    Something has gone wrong with our servers. It’s probably Matt’s fault.”

You all are hilarious! If I hadn’t gotten that error message I probably would’ve been a bit upset but I read that and spit my coffee everywhere.

mikelikesart

@accessiblenorth – A cup of tea? =P
    @hanni – This must be a pretty crazy problem to fix – so big respect to everyone that’s working on it! =]

ic2064

@cmgeek

The site’s not “totaled” exactly. Your blog is still up, as are most folks (nods to frauladybird). It’s just the back end access that’s, well, inaccessible. It’s inconvenient for us, but not our readers, so that’s something.

@accessiblenorth

It’s after 5PM where I am, so, thanks for the tea offer, but as long as you’re up, I believe I’d take a beer.

Do you anticipate a fix in minutes or hours? Perhaps I should go to bed! :)

hanni

@ic2064 – excellent idea. Tweaked based on your feedback.

We’re getting there with the fix, I would say we’re more minutes than hours, once again, my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience guys.

Appreciate your engineering efforts on our collective behalf.

fingers crossed

2elmarie

@hanni

Thank you !! you are doing a great job :-)

auxclass

things have been a problem for over an hour – they thought they had the sites working a while ago but that was a false hope – things will be back as soon as the staff and related parties get things fixed – the Forum did have some problems also –

At this point your best course of action is to take a walk or have a cup of tea – having been in the staff’s position many times in the past I can say from personal experience that many times there is not the ability to estimate exactly when some things will be fixed – not like fixing the brakes on a car where you have a flat rate manual and know when the part truck will get there with the parts –

Generally WordPress.COM is quite reliable, this is one of those bad days that all systems people live in fear of.

Keep the faith.

mmargarido

the back end access start’s working! Am I the first lucky wordpress.com user around?

neilfein

The dashboard seems to be back up. Thanks for fixing this so quickly! Will report back if I see problems.

ic2064

@hanni

I saw the tweak almost as soon as it went up. Not gonna lie. I felt a little special. :-)

Thanks for everything you’re doing to both fix the issue and keep us all calm.

@auxclass is right. I’m in IT, too, and asking for a time estimate to fix a server issue is asking to be lied to. You never know.

For me, I’m taking auxclass’s advice and heading to the store for a 6 pack.

cmgeek

@ic2064 Unable to add smileys = small. Complete loss of admin interface = not small.

drkall

obviously fixed

neilfein

Getting a 504 on the Users page now in the dashboard. I think I’ll leave y’all alone and go have that cup of tea.

mmargarido

the back end access start’s working! Am I the first lucky wordpress.com user around?

cmgeek

@ic2064 Unable to add smileys = small. Complete loss of admin interface = not small.

votingfemale

auxclass ? The servers are having problem with their brakes?!?!? lol

Is there a recall out?

I’m just being a brat killin’ time :>

Is the problem fixed?? I am still getting the message like this. “Goshdarnit! Something has gone wrong with our servers. It’s probably Matt’s fault. We’ve just been notified of the problem. Hopefully this should be fixed ASAP, so kindly reload in a minute and things should be back to normal.” Is Matt’s fault?!

drkall

only worked once

The topic ‘504 Gateway Time-out – nginx’ is closed to new replies.