Embedding multiple VideoPress movies into a web page

• Author

oinsketta

Canceled GoDaddy hosting 75 hours or so ago, signed up for WordPress hosting.

Mapped https://animationtestsite.wordpress.com/ to wehearyou.net, domain I purchased on GoDaddy three years ago.

Clicking on wehearyou.net still brings up an ad for GoDaddy. I’ve cleared cache a few times, same result.

Any ideas? Also, when does email support begin if my domain is hosted by WordPress?

Thanks,
    Eliot
    for wehearyou.net student-run animation workshop

The blog I need help with is animationtestsite.wordpress.com.

oinsketta

I fixed this on the GoDaddy end by changing domain settings there.

Please tell me how I get in touch with WordPress about hosting issues?

Thanks,
    Eliot

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi Eliot!

I’m happy to see that you were able to point your domain towards WordPress.com by updating its name servers through GoDaddy. It looks like you’re all set with that domain now. :)

You can contact WordPress.com support directly through our contact form or, if you have any outstanding questions, you can reply here and I’ll be happy to help.

oinsketta

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I'm currently unable to get some embedded videos to play on the site http://wehearyou.net/, which is masking https://animationtestsite.wordpress.com/.
    All play fine on the WordPress subdomain. On the animation page at wehearyou.net the thumbnails appear but two of the four clips disappear instead of playing. One I uploaded last night, and it played fine, until it just stopped playing, along with one I uploaded more recently. 2 of the 4 on the page play normally.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Eliot

oinsketta

now the videos in question seem to be playing sound only… on both iterations of the site.

oinsketta

they seem to all play now, only when the page is zoomed to 100%

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi there!

I was able to replicate the issue by clicking play in the two videos on the right-hand of this page:
    https://animationtestsite.wordpress.com/pages-from-current-site/

When clicking play for either of those, the video moves to the bottom left-hand. Here’s a screencast of what’s happening for me:
    https://cloudup.com/ce4f7EUNQ_2

This happens for me regardless of my screen zoom. Can you let me know if this is also the same for you or if those two videos are still playing correctly when you’re page is at 100%?

I’ve reported this back to the theme’s author for them to dig into a little more.

oinsketta

That screen cast was very cool! How did you do it?

I had that same thing when the page was not zoomed to 100%, I later discovered the clip playing at the bottom of the screen. When it is 100% (or anything greater than 100%) the thumbnails seem to display one above the other and each one plays fine. It was buggy for a couple of hours after I set up the page, but now seems to be working fine.

Did a little embedding experiment which you can see at http://wehearyou.net/ at the top of the blog page. Those little tiles play fine.

How did you capture that screen cast? I loved it.

oinsketta

The original query on this topic turned out to have been a setting on the former host, GoDaddy’s, end. I was able to change the domain manager settings and the WordPress site now comes up under the domain name I purchased from them.

This conversation is now about embedding multiple VideoPress movies into a web page — shouldn’t we change the subject line to reflect this and let other users find the topic?

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi there!

That screen cast was very cool! How did you do it?

I used a piece of software called QuickTime to record my screen. There’s other software out there that also enables you to record your screen too. I’d encourage you to have a search about if you’d like to do something similar.

This conversation is now about embedding multiple VideoPress movies into a web page — shouldn’t we change the subject line to reflect this and let other users find the topic?

Good thinking! I’ve gone ahead to change the subject line. Thank you for thinking of the community. :)

Upon further testing, I was only able to replicate the VideoPress issue with the Cols theme, the embeds behaved after switching to other themes. I think that the issue’s being caused by some underlying code in Cols but will confirm this with you once I hear back from the theme’s author.

oinsketta

[attach 1]

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi. :)

Were you attempting to attach a screenshot in your last reply? If so, it’s not possible to attach a screenshot to a forum post but you can upload it to your Media Library and I’ll be able to view it from there. I’m also still waiting to hear back from the author of the Cols theme on your issue. I’ll let you know as soon as I do hear from them!

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi @oinsketta: I’m sorry for the delay in my reply here: I’ve just heard back from the theme’s author and they found that the issue with embedding VideoPress was related to some of the HTML that was added to your post.

If you switch to the HTML editor for the page with the embed issue, you’ll see that some of the HTML tags in the page have a ‘class’ associated with them. For example, in the following example, you’ll find a class of ‘entry-header’ associated with the header HTML tag and a class ‘entry-title’ associated with the H1 HTML tag:

<header class="entry-header">
    <h1 class="entry-title"></h1>

The class names are reserved for template files, and the HTML generated by the theme. Using them within a post or page can cause layout issues and is likely what caused the issues with your VideoPress embeds here. You can resolve this by clearing out the HTML classes.

Hope that information is helpful! Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

The topic ‘Embedding multiple VideoPress movies into a web page’ is closed to new replies.