A few problems with vigilance
Having real trouble working out css.
I’m using vigilance theme.
Here are my problems:
1.I would like to use a wallpaper for the yellow strips down the side. Anyone know how to do that? If not, how do I colour match the strips to colours in my header?
2. I want the header to reach to the yellow part- what size header will I need and how do I do that?
3. You can see that the blog post title is under the header, how do I change this?
4. The white background- does it have to stay white?
Thanks for the help!
The blog I need help with is theaccomplishedwoman.org.
Is this the site you are talking about: http://heelsandpyjamas.wordpress.com/ ?
1. What yellow strips down the side? I see a beige patterned background.
2. Again, can’t see it.
3. The blog post title is at the top of the blog post where it should be.
4. What white background? The one on the individual posts?
That’s my other site.
I’ve decided to go with bueno theme now but am having some problems.
It’s working perfectly at http://heelsandpyjamas.wordpress.com/
but I did the same thing at http://theaccomplishedwoman.org/ and it is a complete mess! I’ve bought the domain name on the second and have played around with css when I had other themes so I’m wondering if that’s what the problem is.
Yes, CSS is theme specific. Go to appearance > custom design > CSS remove all the CSS from the edit window, make sure “add to existing…” is selected and then click save stylesheet to return to the original CSS. You can save your other CSS in a plain text file for later use if you wish in case you want to switch back to the other theme.
I’m a bit confused. I cleared the css then copy pasted the original stylesheet. It is working the way I want it to but is this okay or not the right thing to do.
Do NOT copy and paste the original stylesheet. Empty the CSS edit window and click “save stylesheet with it empty. You are applying the original stylesheet over the top of the original stylesheet and that mucks things up.
Ah, thank you so much! Couldn’t have done it without you!
You are welcome.
The topic ‘A few problems with vigilance’ is closed to new replies.