I had a spam post on my blogs a couple of hours ago, has my account been hacked? I have just changed my password. I've marked the post as private, but it can be reviewed at:
The blog I need help with is limituptrading.wordpress.com.
Need help? Check out our Support site, then
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that's how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
P.S. I flagged this thread for Staff help.
WordPress currently has a BIG problem. Someone is CURRENTLY hacking into accounts, and taking over with this spam:
"Sweet Sweet, my opinion is worth money..."
My blog posts were just all DELETED by this hacker. I just did a Google search on the term above and ALL the results came from WordPress posts...
Is your post about a security issue on your own blog? Have you followed the instructions above? If not then do so now http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
Yes, I'm posting about my site. Rob's posting above made me curious and I did a search for the offending post text above. 15 pages of Google search results show this text posted to WordPress Blogs in the last four hours. The culprit must have discovered some exploit and has some sort of automated process going to usurp individual's WP accounts.
I'm aware of what's displayed on Google but I chose not to create panic by posting threads about it.
I've changed my password, and enabled HTTPS. Post by email/voice are not enabled, and I only have one user configured for my blogs.
You can find a lot of victims in a last 6 hours.
Someone posted ads automatically.
We are already aware of that. Do you have a security issue on your blog? if so then please follow the protocol I posted above.
Thank you for reporting this. You'll find more information here
This topic has been closed to new replies.