We cannot access the HTML in our templates, let alone edit it as all of those using the same theme are in essence using the same template on this multiuser blogging platform. Therefore we display copyright notices in a text widget in our .
1. Copy the HtML code
2. Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets
3. Drag a Text widget out of the Available widgets box
4. Drop the Text widgets into the Sidebar box
5. Click the top right hand corner of the Text widget to open it.
6. Paste the HTML code into the Text widget.
7. Click "Save" and Close" at the bottom of the Text widget.
8. View the front page of your blog and the copyright symbol/notice should be there.