Adding More Pages on Modularity Lite Theme
I’m a newbie on WP and have recently started a photoblog on the Modularity Lite theme.
I’d like to add a few pages on the top right corner of the frame. However, when I try to do this, I can’t add any and the current ‘About’ tab disappears.
Any thoughts how to add more pages, so I have say 5 or so tabs on the top right corner?
Thanks in advance!
The blog I need help with is thephotoimaginarium.com.
What’s critical is to understand when creating a website structure is the following:
1. The differences between pages and posts > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page/
2. There is only one dynamic page in a blog for posts and we cannot post to more than that one page. When we publish a post it automatically appears on the running page for posts and also on the Categories pages and Archives pages.
3. We organize our posts by assigning Categories to them. Although there is only one dynamic page in a blog for posts and we cannot post to more than that one page, we can create the appearance we have done so by creating a custom menu. In that custom menu you can also display Pages, subpages and custom links.
Create pages > http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
If you add and publish new pages, they should automatically show up on the top navigation.
If you are using a “custom menu” and have not set it to automatically add top level pages, then you will have to add them manually.
The topic ‘Adding More Pages on Modularity Lite Theme’ is closed to new replies.