Adding Pinterest Widget to Penscratch 2 Blog
I’ve been trying to add a Pinterest widget to my blog using the Pinterest Widget Builder here:
I have used the method here:
but it won’t show up. Any ideas on how to fix this?
The blog I need help with is claudiafaithscorner.wordpress.com.
You may want to try the following workaround provided by @ponderingpossibly:
1. go to your Pinterest profile/boards
2. In the search bar it will say something like uk.pinterest.com/yourusername or pinterest.com/yourusername
3. write ‘feed.rss’ after your link so pinterest.com/yourusername/feed.rss/
4. go to WordPress ‘customizer’ and click ‘widgets’
5. Select the ‘Flickr’ widget
6. For the link field, copy and paste the pinterest.com/yourusername/feed.rss into that
7. Ta Da!
To find out more:
Hope this works for you.
Thank you! I tried this, but my Pinterest feed isn’t recognized by the widget & all I get is Flickr’s interesting photos where my feed should be.
I added an RSS widget instead of the Flickr widget. No luck, I’m getting a message that the feed is down. I’ve left it up on my blog, under the Flickr widget.
The URL you used for your Pinterest feed isn’t quite right:
Try this instead:
Thanks! I changed it, & while it appears my account is now linked the images aren’t showning up. I’m sure it’s just because I have some setting wrong, but I don’t know what. I’ll try playing around with it.
Thanks for giving that a try. Unfortunately neither the Flickr nor the RSS widget hacks for Pinterest are something we support officially.
The only methods I’ve seen that work are listed here:
I just tested adding your profile URL
https://www.pinterest.com/hellagoodhairr/to a text widget and it seemed to display fine, so you might want to try that if you haven’t already.
Turns out the text widget worked! Thank you!
Glad to hear it!
The topic ‘Adding Pinterest Widget to Penscratch 2 Blog’ is closed to new replies.