Admin bar not available
I am ready to post a content but my dashboard is not available.Kindly help.
The blog I need help with is 4thlink.wordpress.com.
Which browser you are using? As I have noticed, older browsers and some mobile browsers are not supporting WP.com admin bar.
I’m not clear if this will help or not but have you read this announcement regarding the changes to the Admin bar? http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/enjoy-a-shiny-new-simplified-admin-bar/
There are still two “add new” links for posts now.
One in the new drop-down on the right hand side under our avatar/gravatar.
One in the far left column in the Posts module drop-down (Admin page).
Can you access those links?
Also are you using this link to log-in directly to your blog or not? http://4thlink.wordpress.com/wp-admin/
Will you please provide us with some details so we can try to help you?
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers.
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3. wpgaurav has asked: Which browser and version of it are you using?
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here.
6. Do you have third party cookies enabled?
8. Do you have another browser you can try?
9. You can use this link to see if your Flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of Flash. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
10. Have you had any recent operating system and/or security program updates?
Sometimes operating system and/or security system updates can cause problems so check for known issues. When you make adjustments to your browser settings — changing privacy settings, deleting cookies or increasing security — you will need to close your window and restart the browser before those new settings become effective.
The topic ‘Admin bar not available’ is closed to new replies.