Akismet thinks my comment is spam
I’ve been trying to comment on some of my favorite blogs (and my own) but couldn’t see my comments appear. I later found out that Akismet is catching my comment as spam. How can I resolve this?
(1) The reason you do not see your comments appear right away could be because they are in moderation and will not be posted until moderated and approved.
(2) If you are including multiple links in your comments they will be caught up as spam. Any comment with more than 2 links will be treated as spam.
(3) The blogger who is receiving the comments from you can take them out of the spam catcher. By having the blogger marking them “not spam” several times in a row Akismet becomes educated and the problem is resolved.
4) Please don’t assume that it isn’t spam. Until we see what you’re talking about, we can’t tell. :)
5) If the problem continues, please drop staff a feedback from your dashboard with a link to the specific comment in question and ask that they look into it.
“Please don’t assume that it isn’t spam. Until we see what you’re talking about, we can’t tell.”
~ Thing is, I can’t even post a comment on my own blog (as a reply to other comments) without akismet catching it as spam. At first I thought there was something wrong with wordpress, it took me a while to realize what’s going on. I never had this problem before, that’s why I’m a little bit concerned that I’m encountering this problem right now.
“If the problem continues, please drop staff a feedback from your dashboard with a link to the specific comment in question and ask that they look into it.”
~ Errmm.. how do I link to the specific comment if it’s from another person’s blog and it doesn’t come out?
Use a comment on your own blog that got caught as spam to point out what is occuring.
Okay, will do that. Thank you very much. :-)
The topic ‘Akismet thinks my comment is spam’ is closed to new replies.