Andrea Theme – Possible Bug
I really hate bringing this up but I believe I’ve encountered a bit of a bug concerning the Andrea theme. I apologize upfront if this has already been addressed. I did a quick search and didn’t find anything relating to this so I figured I’d make a post. Rather than repeat myself again, I made a post on the particular blog in question regarding the matter. It contains all the details and workarounds attempted thus far. However I’ll summarize what the problem real quick is so that it’s recorded in this post.
Images placed in tables do not appear in Internet Explorer 8+. When run in compatibility mode they do show up but unless you have that feature active, it won’t show up in standard mode. Images in tables do show up in Opera, Google Chrome, Safari, & Firefox. I’ve confirmed this with a couple of other bloggers who visit the site. Again, please visit the link above for a full run down of the situation. Thanks for your time.
The blog I need help with is illhavenunavut.wordpress.com.
Please do not BUMP threads. Doing so is more likely to get the wrong kind of attention ie. Volunteers who ignore your threads than it is to get us to jump to your beck and call. The usual turn around time on support forums for answers to questions posed is 12 – 24 hours.
I am not convinced that this is a Theme related issue at all. I believe this is an issue with the TinyMCE editor. See here for the answer https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/spacing-in-post-does-not-get-saved?replies=7#post-533145
What is your reasoning behind it being the TinyMCE editor?
The multiple problems posted into forum threads immediately after it was upgraded.
But there is a possibility of a conflict between the editor and this theme because I’ve used the editor in another theme where it displays what I was trying to do fine on all browsers. Even if the editor is totally at fault it still conflicts with this particular theme and that information is often useful to the developers. To say it has nothing to do with the theme at all is a bit premature don’t you think?
I’m not trying to be ungrateful, mind you. I really do appreciate your help and have contacted support.
If you have tried what TSP suggests here > https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/spacing-in-post-does-not-get-saved?replies=7#post-533145 and it does not work for you then contact Staff using this link > http://en.support.wordpress.com/contact/
I tried TSP’s suggestion and it didn’t do anything. I contacted support yesterday but haven’t heard back so I’ll leave the post as unresolved until contacted.
Thanks again for your time.
Well it’s been a couple of days since I contacted support and haven’t heard so much as “hey we looking at it” from them so I guess I’ll just change the theme and let someone butt their head against the wall when they come across the same problem.
I digress and apologize. Apparently they have gotten back to me now and confirmed it is the theme that is buggy and they are going to contact the developers.
I don’t know whether to keep this as unresolved or not but since I have been contacted and the matter addressed (although not solved), I will mark it as resolved for now. I’ll keep you posted though if anything comes up.
This is fixed now. It was more of an IE8 bug than a theme bug, though. :)
The topic ‘Andrea Theme – Possible Bug’ is closed to new replies.