annual year in review for 2016 for my blog?

• Author

Several of us have missed having an annual review for 2016 this year. We can only hope it returns in 2017.

I too enjoyed this annual review and liked the fireworks. Hopeful you be able to make it happen in the future.

NEW/RELATED QUESTION – will we at least be alerted on our anniversary?

kokkieh
    Staff

NEW/RELATED QUESTION – will we at least be alerted on our anniversary?

I still got a notification for my 4 year anniversary back in November, so I’m confident that those are still working :)

pastorfergus

Hi. My blog is https://pastorfergus.wordpress.com/. I added 50 posts in 2016, and had over 34,000 views. But I haven’t received an annual year in review report for 2016. Please send me it, or let me know how I can access it. Thanks.

I can find my 2015 report by typing the following: https://pastorfergus.wordpress.com/2015/annual-report/. But I can’t find my 2016 report this way.

kokkieh
    Staff

@pastorfergus

Please read the rest of this thread. Annual reports were not issued for 2016, so there is no report to find.

All the data is available at ´╗┐https://wordpress.com/stats/year/pastorfergus.wordpress.com, but if you want to display it on your site you will need to compile it manually.

pastorfergus

Thanks for your reply. I do actually visit these statistics frequently, so I’m aware of how to access them, but I do appreciate your making sure I know about this. The one statistic I can’t seem to do on my own, however, is see the highest single day for views (the day and the number of views). I can narrow it down to the week (first week of November), but not the day. If you have a suggestion here, that would be great. Thanks again.

pastorfergus

Thanks for your reply. I do actually visit these statistics frequently, so I’m aware of how to access them, but I do appreciate your making sure I know about this. The one statistic I can’t seem to do on my own, however, is see the highest single day for views (the day and the number of views). I can narrow it down to the week (first week of November), but not the day. If you have a suggestion here, that would be great. Thanks again.

kokkieh
    Staff

The one statistic I can’t seem to do on my own, however, is see the highest single day for views (the day and the number of views). I can narrow it down to the week (first week of November), but not the day.

That is a bit tricky to find, yes. On the Insights tab you can see the all time highest daily views, but we don’t show that number on a per-year basis. The older stats page also did not show that.

If you go to the day view, and click on a day in the graph, it will show you the numbers for that specific day. So then you change the date in the URL to view the numbers for other dates not shown in the graph.

If you take the week in November where your stats is showing that spike, and just check every day in turn, it appears that your highest views were on 11 November:

https://wordpress.com/stats/day/pastorfergus.wordpress.com?startDate=2016-11-11

pastorfergus

Thanks! That’s given me what I was looking for. You’re well named! :-)

kokkieh
    Staff

Glad I could help :)

I’ve read the thread and wanted to tell you how disappointed I was about the decision to not issue the annual report this year. I switched to WP last year and one of the things which I was really looking forward to was the annual report, which I had admired on one of my friends’ blog.
    I hope you will be able to propose this feature again soon (maybe on anniversaries ?) because it was really special and surely contributed to promoting your brand.

kokkieh
    Staff

@nathaliebagadey

Thanks for the feedback. We are definitely planning to still do these in future, but we’ll be doing it differently than before and in a way that’s more efficient in how we use our resources. Hopefully we’ll have that sorted out by this time next year :)

Best wishes 2017

mrgroove

Bummer :(

longislandvc

Very disappointed that there will be no WP report this year. It would have been nice if WP had notified everyone in early December that this would not be happening so we could have tracked our own stats at the end of the day on December 31, 2016. Hopefully, you will bring this back next year.

The topic ‘annual year in review for 2016 for my blog?’ is closed to new replies.