My header and sidebar appear only for about 2 seconds when you log on and then disappears. I can’t get it back!
The blog I need help with is thegardendiaries.wordpress.com.
I’m not a ghost yet I can see your header for mare then a minute.
This is most likely a browser issue or connectivity issue. I can see your blog using Firefox 9.0.1 and IE8 as well.
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems.
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/ Please try using the opposite.
3. Exactly which browser and version of it are you using?
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here.
6. Have you tried using the browser with all extensions or add-ons disabled?
7. Do you have third party cookies enabled?
9. Do you have another browser you can try?
11. if the problem persists please try resetting your router and modem.
Your connection probably can’t cope with all the stuff you’ve got on your front page: your front takes too long to load, because you’ve got too many images, and many of them are huge files.
a) You need to set the number of posts per page to only a few in Settings reading, and use the read-more tag to truncate your posts.
b) You should avoid uploading and inserting high-resolution images straight from your digital camera. For future posts at least, you should make copies of your images, downsize them in an image editing application to resolution 72 (that’s what browsers display) and pixel width 640 maximum (that’s what the theme you’re using displays), and upload and insert those copies.
Yes, I just figured that out after resizing my top image. It was too big! Thanks so much.
The topic ‘appearance’ is closed to new replies.