I understand that wordpress.com keeps an automatic backup, and that I can manually export.
What I don’t understand is how, if my site is hacked, I get wordpress to activate the backup and remove the hacker, or prevent them doing the same again,every time I re-mount the blog.
Blog url: http://dodonovan.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is dodonovan.wordpress.com.
YOU are responsible for backing up your blog. I suggest you Export your blog once a week.
If WordPress.com itself is hacked, which has yet to occur in the six and a half years I’ve been here, then you have your own copy to backup from.
If your individual blog is hacked, that usually happens because your email gets hacked, like all the people who have Yahoo emails. Change your email password to protect yourself, and make it very strong. Your email is the key to everything.
(1) The Safe Bet – Use an Offline Blog Editor
(2) Raincoatster’s copy and paste work around
(3) Subscribe to Your Blog’s RSS Feeds
(4) Periodically Export Backup Copies and Save them to Disc
(5) Back-up using using Feedburner and Gmail
The topic ‘Backup’ is closed to new replies.