been hacked now cant access my blog :(
Hi my blog has been hacked, and its been set up with a two step authentication with google, and now I can’t get into my blog. The blog in question is http://shadowwillow.wordpress.com. I had to create this new account just to be able to post into here to get help with it.
The blog I need help with is lonelyzombiegirl.wordpress.com.
Who, aside from you, has access to your login information?
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
6. Set up two step authentication http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
Then read this please knowing that blogs don’t get hacked when security protocols are followed. > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
P.S. I flagged this for Staff follow-up.
Hi there, you’ve had some great security tips from timethief.
For help with account recovery, please go to this page:
Click the “Need More Help?” link next to the button, and fill out the form. Our account recovery team will get back to you by email so you can discuss the options in private. Thanks!
The topic ‘been hacked now cant access my blog :(’ is closed to new replies.