Beep Beep Boop screen is a joke. Is this a glitch?

• Author

STAFF: Please review and respond – thank you.

EDIT PROBLEMS ONLY

1. Edit is not longer found on the same page as add – so a 2nd unnecessary page was created, taking you off the original page, which was not only unnecessary to do – but having it in the same place actually assisted in the functions of what it is we were doing in “edit” mode.

2. Pop-ups? Really? It’s 2014 – pop-ups? We need new windows opening as much as we need to all rethink myspace as an A-1 blogging site *rolls eyes*

3. This “newly redone” mess, has hijacked our code/html, adding in tags, closing tages and removing the very clean spacing that existed upon initially created our posts – thus making it an awful and frustrating task when trying to find what it is you’re looking to edit – now among one long string of code.

4. Edits done via the newly designed mess, DO NOT update/stay/remain/work. I’ve tried several times throughout the day – and the ONLY time I’ve been able to get my updates to actually update is when I went around the long way to the old editor (you remember that one – the one that was fantastic, made sense, was easier for your users).

5. Categories being used are no longer all listed at the top of the categories list (i.e. you choose 8 categories – but now you’d like to go back and edit them, possibly delete or add to them, or maybe you’ve decided to change them from categories to tags, so you need a clear easy view of which categories you had used/chosen). They are NOT, as they were before, listed at the top of the category list any longer – you have to sit there and scroll through your entire list of categories to find the ones you’ve used for that post.

6. The time is NOT accurately updating. I updated a time on one of my posts via the new and non-improved mess – which oddly “stuck” since none of my text changes did, and when I went into edit mode via the long way around to the OLD and WONDERFUL editor — it showed the time as changed to a time 4 hours into the future??? Hello?

7. It’s too small – it’s cramped together – it’s terrible on the eyes.

8. It’s too difficult to get back to your main add screen – which was the beauty of the old editor – it was the SAME screen – everything you needed in one place.

Shall I go on? I will if you like.

P.S. I do not wish to install or download anything – I use the online version of WP only – and only began using it as a trial for the past 3 months – a test drive to see if it was worth purchasing the product, which I was strongly considering as of late – and since yesterday, will not waste my money on, if this is what I have to contend with.

planetdreamdiaries

I know I was in the middle of posting a blog in the middle of the night. When I started everything was normal as usual. I went to edit still finding pictures I wanted to apply then all of a sudden got this beep boop mess and unable to use TEXT.

Unreal

@longshotsblues – I know this is an arduous task, as I have to do it a large amount of my posts today —- but, if you use the “long way around” – via Admin, all posts, edit – and you clean up your code there, then click update – it will save the once clean code, as long as you don’t attempt to open it up again via the new editor, it’s working that way “for now.”

I tired that, I couldn’t clean up the codes. How did you do it?

YES!!! Main “Dashboard” – from title drop-down (open the main Dashboard) > “Posts” > “Add New” (right under “All Posts”) = old version!!! NOT “New” > “Post” from title drop-down. And all other options get the B-B-B nonsense. Also, must select “Edit” from “All Posts” to get old edit version and avoid B-B-B edit. Hopefully this small victory is not an oversight yet to be changed to more B-B-B.

The previous recent change “improvement” a month ago eliminated the vertical scrollbar of the normal text box, and I still don’t see any logic for why it was removed. Maybe the adults at WordPress have gone on vacation and left children or trained monkeys in charge this summer 2014. Or…

Breaking News – CNN reporting: WordPress goes from SNAFU to FUBAR as ownership, management, and design has been taken over by brain-eating body-snatching shape-shifting drooling zombie vampire aliens from outer space! “Beep-beep-boop” is their alien language!

@ gracejiyoung

I have been here for about 6 / 7 years and this is the worst change I have seen.

It takes 15 sec’s for the post to show up for editing, and its not the speed of my PC because its a big upgrade I have in it.

After editing and saving, you go to your front page the edit is not there, you have to click home to get it to work.

Why, why, mess around and do things with something that’s working well, is someone trying to make a name for themselves.

timethief

@planetdreamdiaries
    Read what I said again please can note how I made the WordPress.COM and WordPress.ORG distinctions. You are a WordPress.COM user. You are not a WordPress.ORG user. Got it?

Read also

4.0 is due out next month, but to get there, we need your help testing what we’ve been working on ….

http://wordpress.org/news/2014/07/wordpress-4-0-beta-1/
    Note that’s addressed to WordPress.ORG bloggers who are BETA testers.
    Read also: http://wordpress.org/news/2014/07/wordpress-4-0-beta-2/

I mean last blog had over 1,000 words with pictures intertwined.

@planetdreamdiaries

I tired that, I couldn’t clean up the codes. How did you do it?

I mean last blog had over 1,000 words with pictures intertwined.

EDIT PROBLEMS ONLY

1. Edit is not longer found on the same page as add – so a 2nd unnecessary page was created, taking you off the original page, which was not only unnecessary to do – but having it in the same place actually assisted in the functions of what it is we were doing in “edit” mode.

2. Pop-ups? Really? It’s 2014 – pop-ups? We need new windows opening as much as we need to all rethink myspace as an A-1 blogging site *rolls eyes* I do not want, and will not allow, pop-ups. How prehistoric, frustrating and intrusive is that? EVERYTHING was in one clean found place — this is a monster you’ve created – creating and editing (editing being a huge function) posts for writers is the core function of a site such as this – by doing what you have done to the editor – many people editing far more often, or as much as, they create a new post, has destroyed the ability for us to create as “we create.”

3. This “newly redone” mess, has hijacked our code/html, adding in tags, closing tages and removing the very clean spacing that existed upon initially created our posts – thus making it an awful and frustrating task when trying to find what it is you’re looking to edit – now among one long string of code. Even if we go around the long way – which thank God we can, the code has been hijacked, changed and one string of a huge mess. Can you imagine the time you have forced upon your users to go through one long string of code just to find the one edit they’re trying to make?

4. Edits done via the newly designed mess, DO NOT update/stay/remain/work. I’ve tried several times throughout the day – and the ONLY time I’ve been able to get my updates to actually update is when I went around the long way to the old editor (you remember that one – the one that was fantastic, made sense, was easier for your users). **** I am sorry that you cannot reproduce this, but I cannot say it anymore clear than I have – make a change/edit, click update and my changes aren’t sticking – they only stay put via the old editor. Again, I’m sorry that you can’t reproduce this issue, but it exists and it is not my job to find the issue and resolve it ****

5. Categories being used are no longer all listed at the top of the categories list (i.e. you choose 8 categories – but now you’d like to go back and edit them, possibly delete or add to them, or maybe you’ve decided to change them from categories to tags, so you need a clear easy view of which categories you had used/chosen). They are NOT, as they were before, listed at the top of the category list any longer – you have to sit there and scroll through your entire list of categories to find the ones you’ve used for that post.

6. The time is NOT accurately updating. I updated a time on one of my posts via the new and non-improved mess – which oddly “stuck” since none of my text changes did, and when I went into edit mode via the long way around to the OLD and WONDERFUL editor — it showed the time as changed to a time 4 hours into the future??? Hello? Luckily the old editor allowed me to change it to the correct time, which stuck.

8. It’s too difficult to get back to your main add screen – which was the beauty of the old editor – it was the SAME screen – everything you needed in one place. Simplicity, clean, functional, advanced, modern, easy, user friendly, mature.

P.S. I do not wish to install or download anything – I use the online version of WP only – and only began using it as a trial for the past 3 months – a test drive to see if it was worth purchasing the product, which I was strongly considering as of late – and since yesterday, will not waste my money on, if this is what I have to contend with.

Just found this from WP.Org from 3 weeks ago. People there also going crazy with this.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-switches-to-visual-editor-by-itself-and-destroys-my-coding

I am getting old, my eyesight isn’t as good as it used to be, the new editor is

TOO SMALL

I have to resize everything on my screen. then it stuffs up everything.

this new editor is a joke, and I hope no one uses it.

Where is the word count in it, we have to be able to keep on eye on that, where is it.

@ longshotsblues …. while cleaning up the code disaster they created, you also have to remove the new tags and close tags they’ve added in, that you didn’t have or place there yourself upon originally posting your post (i.e. if you had a blank line in between paragraphs, they’ve now added in the *br* and */br* tag – remove them and just use your enter key to add the empty line back in. They also forced paragraph close tags */p* at the end of each paragraph – remove those as well. They also added paragraph open tags to each new paragraph *p* – remove those, unless of course you are centering or left, right, margin or indent aligning, in which case they would have been your own tags to begin with.

So, in the OLD editor only, clean up the code to be clean and spaced as it once was, remove all of those tags they’ve added mentioned above – give it a quick preview “the old way” before you click update to make sure all looks well, and if all looks well, then go back to the editor and click update. The next time you go to edit that post, all of your clean code that you just had to “redo” tyvm WP should still be clean and as you first created it, and then had to reinvent. If you still have problems, please come to my profile and drop me a line with how I can contact you. <3 Kimberly

timethief

@longshotsblues
    See here for future WordPress versions now in BETA:
    Posted July 10, 2014 http://wordpress.org/news/2014/07/wordpress-4-0-beta-1/
    Posted July 18, 2014 http://wordpress.org/news/2014/07/wordpress-4-0-beta-2/

NOTE: The new WordPress versions are up and running here at WordPress.COM about a month before they become available to WordPress.ORG users.

Please get it back to the old style with the edit-function directly from a post intended to edit with JUST ONE DIRECT CLICK, as it was until this mess (many wp-users complaining about [also paying customers]: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/beep-beep-boop-screen-is-a-joke-is-this-a-glitch?replies=54 ).

And please… never touch a (very well!! thank you!) running system!

Addendum:

Or at least give us an option to choose which editor we want with direct click on ‘edit’ from a post – directly or the beep-boop-boop-byebye-mess.

Thank You

UPDATED WITH NEW ISSUES

EDIT PROBLEMS ONLY

2. Pop-ups? Really? It’s 2014 – pop-ups? We need new windows opening as much as we need to all rethink myspace as an A-1 blogging site *rolls eyes* I do not want, and will not allow, pop-ups. How prehistoric, frustrating and intrusive is that? EVERYTHING was in one clean found place — this is a monster you’ve created – creating and editing (editing being a huge function) posts for writers is the core function of a site such as this – by doing what you have done to the editor – many people editing far more often, or as much as, they create a new post, has destroyed the ability for us to create as “we create.”

3. This “newly redone” mess, has hijacked our code/html, adding in tags, closing tages and removing the very clean spacing that existed upon initially created our posts – thus making it an awful and frustrating task when trying to find what it is you’re looking to edit – now among one long string of code. Even if we go around the long way – which thank God we can, the code has been hijacked, changed and one string of a huge mess. Can you imagine the time you have forced upon your users to go through one long string of code just to find the one edit they’re trying to make?

4. Edits done via the newly designed mess, DO NOT update/stay/remain/work. I’ve tried several times throughout the day – and the ONLY time I’ve been able to get my updates to actually update is when I went around the long way to the old editor (you remember that one – the one that was fantastic, made sense, was easier for your users). **** I am sorry that you cannot reproduce this, but I cannot say it anymore clear than I have – make a change/edit, click update and my changes aren’t sticking – they only stay put via the old editor. Again, I’m sorry that you can’t reproduce this issue, but it exists and it is not my job to find the issue and resolve it ****

6. The time is NOT accurately updating. I updated a time on one of my posts via the new and non-improved mess – which oddly “stuck” since none of my text changes did, and when I went into edit mode via the long way around to the OLD and WONDERFUL editor — it showed the time as changed to a time 4 hours into the future??? Hello? Luckily the old editor allowed me to change it to the correct time, which stuck.

8. It’s too difficult to get back to your main add screen – which was the beauty of the old editor – it was the SAME screen – everything you needed in one place. Simplicity, clean, functional, advanced, modern, easy, user friendly, mature.

9. Where is the spell check? How can you have a text/writing editor without a spell check? ALL WRITERS NEED A SPELL AND GRAMMAR CHECK FUNCTION – this new editor should not have been rolled out in it’s obvious Beta stage, as it is not functioning well for writers at all – and isn’t that what people do on WP?

10. Insert media? Where did it go? How do we insert media while in edit mode?

Now the damn thing doesn’t work, you just posted a post, even though I scheduled it, if you are going to make these changes,

MAKE SURE THEY WORK PROPERLY FIRST BEFORE FORCING US ALL TO USE THEM

NOW YOU HAVE MADE ME LOOK STUPID, LIKE I DON’T KNOW WHAT i AM DOING, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OF YOU.

TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST, GET RID OF THE BUGS FIRST.

Delete that last comment, it just did something really weird, so it looked like it had been published to me.

The topic ‘Beep Beep Boop screen is a joke. Is this a glitch?’ is closed to new replies.