Beep Beep Boop screen is a joke. Is this a glitch?

• Why does Beep Beep Boop screen come up? Is this temporary or is it another NEWLY CREATED wordpress.com glitch?
    Why does WordPress.com keep changing things for the worse?!?!?!
    They have yet to fix the serious problems I originally posted.
    Now… I have a “Beep Beep Boop” box/screen in front of me? What is this?!?!? The screen is too tiny to work with?
    Everything is getting worse, not better?!?!?! If it ain’t broke, don’t mess with it?!?!
    It is like WordPress.com is intentionally trying to piss it’s customers off!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Go to Dashboard > Posts > Add New
    http://tamaquaarea.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post-new.php and create your posts there.

• Is this a temporary thing or a new permanent nuisance? I liked the easy edit by simply clicking on the post from the reader screen. Why would WordPress.com take that away? Now, if I have to use to normal editor, I have to click three extra things?!?! How does that make sense?
    ————————–
    This is so frustrating?! Every WordPress.com “change” has made it more complicated or time consuming to use this site.
    I’M BEGGING YOU!!! STOP MAKING CHANGES!!!!!

• Hello,

Tonight something happened on my blog that has never happened before that I think is connected with what you are talking about when I clicked Edit on a Post on my Home Page instead of taking me to the Dashboard Editor there was a Beep Beep Boop/whatever message/screen that took me to what seems to be the Publish A New Post Editor/whatever (Screenshot: https://mediacru.sh/ECEp4kM-c6AH), and I could not find the After The Deadline Grammar/Spell Check/Proofread Button.

Is this a glitch/bug?

Where is the Grammar/Spell Check Button in this new editor?

Is there a way to disable this and re-enable the Dashboard Editor as the default for when you click Edit on a Post?

I had to manually go to All Posts and search for the Posts that I wanted to edit to reach the Dashboard Editor, I rather not have to do all of that just to edit a post in the Dashboard Editor like I used to be able to do, what is going on? :D

If all the features of the Dashboard Editor were there in the new editor I would not have much of a problem with it.

-John Jr

• I went to edit some tags at my recent posts, and got the beep beep boop screen. How soon is WordPress going to have this fixed? Soon, I hope…

• Thanks Timethief for the suggestion for getting back to the previous sensible and usable add new post window.

Dear WordPress, please get rid of this new interface – it’s horrible, glitchy, missing quite a few things and won’t save the scheduled date and time properly. I’m more than happy with the old one.

• Also messed up: the more tag in the original editor is now invisible in draft window. It does work when you post, thank goodness.

Problems with the “Reader” new post Boop Editor that replaced the old link:

Can’t add photos in full screen mode
    Not wysywig, uses some default font.
    Photo size starts as medium and will not remember your preference, so you need to resize them all manually.
    Does not save your work if you open up settings tab on the right.

• I agree with the comments – the beep beep boop upgrade makes it look very unprofessional.

• Hello,

Also there is a problem in the Dashboard Editor now where you can not post video links/links in the Visual Editor, they do not show up, and so you have to use the Text Editor to get links to show.

Also I would like to thank everyone who is joining this topic, maybe we will get some answers tomorrow, but my guess is that new unannounced changes are being made/tried; and so new bugs are being made and old bugs are returning, and certain features are missing.

-John Jr

• Got the same problem, it’s becoming impossible

• ufohunterorguk · Member ·

Whoever did this should be sacked

• Today I clicked Edit on a Post on my Home Page and instead of taking me to the Dashboard Editor as usual it takes me to Beep Beep Boop window.
    This blgo system is getting really buggy. All new themes are buggy and ugly. I’m thinking of moving to Blogger.

• I’m glad i’m not the only frustrated member here.
    I hope it’s a glitch and not any one’s idea cause if so this person is really
    un-creative !!!

WP, please lets get back to normal???

• I really hope that this is some sort of alternative ‘April Fool’ joke! It looks awful, it looks unprofessional, it looks badly thought through as a development. WordPress please stop prioritising phones and tablets and give consideration to the serious bloggers out here.

• Same here. Edit nightmare.

And it leaves it on visual, switched to text and all formats lost. Horrid.

• More on the same. Some features of the paid theme I am using are not available anymore.
    Please, advance, go back.

• I absolutely HATE this new interface.

Suddenly I have this incredibly teeny tiny little posting space, but if I put it on “full page”, it goes so big that the edges are beyond my computer screen and I can’t press any buttons.

PollDaddy polls have just disappeared as an option: there’s no “add poll” button any more.

When I ask to Preview a post, all it does is Save it (get a little message saying “Congratulations! You just saved your post!”), so I can’t tell what it looks like until it is published.

Once I add a photo, I can’t add any text unless I switch to the text page, but I can’t edit it until I switch back to visual. What with now having to toggle between draft and publish options, there’s an awful lot of of switching and toggling going on.

It seems as if every button I press gets me an Error / Something’s gone wrong / Server is down message, although I guess (hope) this is normal teething problems.

The beep boop gloop doop loop is THE most annoying “feature” to ever be misguidedly forced upon unwilling users. WHY do we need to be beep booped instead of being taken directly to our post, as previously?

If there was an option to pay to “downgrade” and get the old system back, I would gladly pay any reasonable amount for the privilege.

• Perhaps someone at WordPress can explain what Beep Beep Boop means. It is like some irritating juvenile language that someone uses when talking to a one year old! Perhaps it is a WordPress ‘in joke’ at the expense of the rest of us. Please let’s restore sanity and remove this poop poop plop straight away!

• By the way, thank you to timethief for her excellent suggestion. This should be made generally available on our Dashboards so we can opt-in to the beep-boop rather than having it as the default option.

• Going to the dashboard to get the old editor is a very long way round to get what was a fantastic editor.
    This new one is tiny, way too small, too confusing. I don’t like it at all.
    I don’t like it when WP make changes that mean it is harder to do what you want to do, that doesn’t make sense.

• The topic ‘Beep Beep Boop screen is a joke. Is this a glitch?’ is closed to new replies.