beginners bad luck
I’m new at this. I set up what I thought was a clear page after viewing every tutorial and it looks horrible. I spent a lot of time setting up pages with images and text and now they don’t show up under my “paintings” menu even though each painting is under the parent of “paintings”. What have I done wrong?
The blog I need help with is edobermeyer.wordpress.com.
If you have created a custom menu then this may help.
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
Troubleshooting – My menu isn’t appearing
Go to the custom menu page in the dashboard Apearance > Menus and in the “theme location” module at upper left select your custom menu from the pulldown and then click “save”.
When it comes to working with the Twenty Eleven theme I recommend this article > The workings of Duster / Twenty Eleven > http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/workings-of-duster/
The topic ‘beginners bad luck’ is closed to new replies.