I do not appreciate clicking usernames and arriving on site we have to click through to get to the WordPress.com blog in question. It is a waste of our time which could be better spent on helping others. Please, please link your WordPress.com username to your WordPress.com blog. I previously provided the instructions for doing that in another thread. http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/navigation-at-top-of-page-twenty-ten-help-needed?replies=6#post-614292 Please, please do it now.
Staff have provided this support documentation entry for those who want to structure their blog like a website which iI believe s what you want to do. > http://en.support.wordpress.com/using-wordpress-to-create-a-website/
What’s critical is to understand when creating a website structure is the following:
1. The differences between pages and posts > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page/
2. There is only one dynamic page in a blog for posts and we cannot post to more than that one page. When we publish a post it automatically appears on the running page for posts and also on the Categories pages and Archives pages.
3. We organize our posts by assigning Categories to them. Although there is only one dynamic page in a blog for posts and we cannot post to more than that one page, we can create the appearance we have done so by creating a custom menu. In that custom menu you will be displaying Categories in tabs along the horizontal navigation to achieve what you want.
These are the how-to instructions:
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Categories you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the sub-categories below the appropriate Categories, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pull-down labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
Note: If you wish you can also include pages and sub-pages of your own choice and custom links in your custom menu as well.