Black Bar at the top with the links to the Dashboard has vanished
The top black bar that appears at the top of my various WordPress.com sites has vanished.
It DOES appear here: http://www.quirkynomads.com
The “edit” link is not on either Tyrtle or Queen And Crone.
Any ideas? Thanks so much.
The blog I need help with is tyrtle.com.
I can see the Ad,in bar on both sites.
In order to help you we need to know your specific computing environment details. Please work through what follows and report back.
1. If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
2. If you are using an IE browser in compatibility mode please disable that mode. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
3. If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/
(a) Try clearing your browser’s cache http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
If applicable see here for instructions on how to clear the cache for Chrome and Safari on the iPad:
(c) Disable all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily.
(d) Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
Add both *.wordpress.com and *.wp.com to your list of trusted sites under the Security tab. Make sure to uncheck the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.” http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/#frequently-asked-questions
4. Try using another browser.
5. If you are not successful let us know:
(a) Exactly what kind of device you are using to connect to the internet and to WordPress.com.
(b) Exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://www.whatbrowser.org/
(c) And what any error reports you receive state.
Aha! Enabling third party cookies worked. Thanks very much.
I’m happy to know it worked for you. Best wishes with your blog.
The topic ‘Black Bar at the top with the links to the Dashboard has vanished’ is closed to new replies.