My blog millenium stadium have been pirated. Someone posted something an advert on my behalf. what should I do?
The blog I need help with is themillenniumstadium.wordpress.com.
Where is the advert? To off-set the costs of providing free hosting to millions of bloggers, WordPress.com has been running advertising on our free hosted blogs since 2006. Many bloggers do not know this because despite the fact they ticked the box required to get a free blog, they did not read the ToS. Many also do not read the advertising entry in the support documents after registering their username and blog(s). Also note that as the ads do not display to us when we are logged in, and as many use browsers with ad blockers when logged out, they may not realize they are there at all.
If the ads you see are found at the end of blog posts then what you are seeing is WordPress.com generated advertising. To eliminate all advertising on our free hosted WordPress.com blogs we can purchase an annually renewable No-Ads upgrade.
No it is not the kind of adverts at the end of posts and stuff. they posted the advert as an image instead of writing an article. so it looks like a post from the admin of the blog, when it is not. Do you know what I mean?
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
P.S. I flagged this thread for Staff help. Please confirm the URL of the blog you are referring to.
Thank you for the help! I’ll do that right now! the blog is http://themillenniumstadium.wordpress.com/
Thanks a lot!
Yes I can log in, but I fail to find “Users”, where is it?
Sorry I found it in the dashboard. I am the only user, no one who doesn’t belong there. I’m thinking that it might be my email address that have been pirated … :(
Change that email password to a very difficult one that no one can guess.
Looks like you deleted the blog.
The topic ‘blog pirated’ is closed to new replies.