My Blogroll disappeared. All the links still show in the Dashboard but not on my Blog. Is it related to this morning’s Twitter hacking issue?
The blog I need help with is fromtheleft.wordpress.com.
I clearly see a lenghty blogroll on the blog linked to your username. I am using Firefox 3.6.9. This sounds like a browser issue to me. Please try these troubleshooting techniques:
1. Some issues that you encounter with your WordPress blog or account can be solved by changing your browser settings, refreshing the page, or clearing the browser cache and cookies. See here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/browser-issues/ The instructions for specific browsers are found here > http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
2. Some issues can be resolved by upgrading your browser.
3. Some issues can be resolved by using another browser.
4. Some issues can be caused by not updating your Flash. You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ and download and install the latest version of flash.
5. Some issues can arise from the way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. There may be problems with your web host. Check known issues with your ISP and with your web host.
6. Sometimes operating system and/or security system updates can cause issues. Check for known issues.
If none of the above work for you then please file a support ticket with Staff using this link http://en.support.wordpress.com/contact/
It was tied to Twitter issues. I deleted the link to Twitter on my Dashboard. Signed off and on again and my Blogroll reappeared. I added Twitter back in a bit later.
I seem to recall something like this happening about a year ago when Twitter was hacked. Very strange.
Indeed. But that does not explain why I could view your blog using Firefox 3.6.9 and see the Blogroll in your sidebar and you couldn’t see it.
What’s your operating syatem? Which browser and version of it are you using?
The topic ‘BLOGROLL DISAPPEARED’ is closed to new replies.