I am making a website for a class assignment.
I am trying to figure out how to organize my blogs because I would like them to be read in order from start to finish!! Please help me!!
Thank you for your time
The blog I need help with is intothewallpaper.wordpress.com.
All support docs are here https://en.support.wordpress.com/
Blogs are essentially a reverse chronological order publishing tool wherein the most recent published post will display on top. You cannot change this order on a free hosted WordPress.com blog. There is no upgrade that allows you to change this post order on a free hosted WordPress.com blog. It’s designed to serve your visitors as they come to read the most recent posts and will not be inclined to trawl through hundreds of posts to locate it.
- See here for the option of creating a book-like structure > http://en.support.wordpress.com/write-a-book/ Perhaps that will work for you.
- Or you could use a single sticky post as an index page > http://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/post-visibility/#sticky-posts
- Or you can falsify every date-stamp before publishing.
- Creating a page and using the display posts shortcode https://en.support.wordpress.com/display-posts-shortcode/ on it will apply only to 100 posts
- The default timezone is UTC time. You can reset your timezone here > Dashboard > Settings > General.
*Replace NAME_OF_BLOG in that URL with the actual name of your blog.
Select the closest city to you in the same timezone in the drop-down menu you see there and then click “save changes”.
Edit the post, change the datestamp in the Publish module, and click Update.
All Posts are found here > Dashboard > Posts > All Posts
*replace “/NAME_OF_BLOG” with the actual name of your blog
You hover over the title of the post and click the Edit link, then edit the datestamp in the Publish module and click update.
- Note that you can examine these images so you see how to edit posts and change datestamps and timestamps where required.
- Note also that if you create sticky posts they will always be on top https://en.support.wordpress.com/post-visibility/#sticky-posts unless or until you edit and remove the sticky designation.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.