Blogs featured on WordPress main page
I’ve been noticing some of the great blogs that are featured on the wordpress.com main page and am wondering how they are choosen? Is it based on views or can you submit your blog to be featured?
Also, any quick tips on places to promote to bring in traffic to your blog? I’ve already gotten started with social networking, even Twitter which I hate. :)
The blog I need help with is crosswordcharlie.wordpress.com.
Re: Freshly Pressed selections made by Staff
Here you go > http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/five-ways-to-get-featured-on-freshly-pressed/
To attract an initial traffic flow that will hopefully convert into regular readers and subscribers, new bloggers who have good writing skills need to focus on:
1. Learning and understanding SEO and optimizing blog post titles, sub-titles, and keywords.
2. Mastering use of the blogging platform that matches their goals and is easy to use.
3. Choosing a niche and staying with it.
There are 10 standard tips to get traffic that you hear over and over again in the blogosphere. Interesting content is an attractor and in blogging content is king but promotion is queen.
In order to be a successful blogger:
(1) You need to have expertise in a niche.
(2) You need to know how to write very well.
(3) You need to verify your blog with search engines and structure a reader friendly and search engine friendly blog by learning how to apply basic SEO techniques.
(4) You need to build an archive of high quality original content and keep adding to it.
(5) You need to update your content frequently with new posts in order to hold reader interest.
(6) You need to learn how to promote your content effectively through social media, social networks and RSS feed sites, thereby encouraging other bloggers to backlink to your posts.
(7) You need to comment, comment, comment on other blogs in the same niche.
(8) You need to form relationships with other bloggers and create a blog centered community around your own blog.
(9) You need to encourage your readers to comment on your posts and respond to their comments ASAP after approving them.
(10) You need to participate in blog carnivals in your niche and become a guest blogger on blogs with a higher PageRank then your own blog has.
If you need help with any of those please click my username and visit my blog because I have blogged on each of those individual topics.
Anyone who would like more specific advice on how to possibly make it to Freshly Pressed one day, or help improving their blog to the point of being in contention for Freshly Pressed, should email me at editor at wordpress dot com.
The topic ‘Blogs featured on WordPress main page’ is closed to new replies.