bug: notification of pasword protected post to followers
I write a pasword protected post and wordpress.com send it to followers, I think that is not logic send this kind of post to followers, the logic is send only the public posts.
Thanks for your awesome work.
The blog I need help with is lundisqc.wordpress.com.
This is actually expected behavior. Your followers are not notified of your private posts, but their are notified of your password-protected posts (so note that the post title will be revealed to them). Only those followers that you’ve shared the password with will be able to see the contents of the actual post.
Ok, but for me is more logic like Publicize, becouse if you put a password is becouse the post is not for all.
Ok, thank you for your suggestion, I’ll pass it on to our developers.
Following up on this: one suggestion, if you don’t want your email followers to be notified of password-protected posts, you can set your blog to private. Your can read more about privacy options here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/
Nonetheless, it is useful for your users to be able to subscribe by email, especially if you want to publish a mix of public content and password-protected content, because some people might only be following by email, so they wouldn’t know if there’s new content or not, even though they’d need to go to the site to read it.
I do (post private) before this notification, now my case:
* We are a team of 12 members
* Only 3 members made publications (one editor an 2 admin)
* We have a list of 200 or more potentials followers
* We need share some post with the group but not with followers
I need difuse the public post to followers, share some post with somme membres of one team (without wordpress.com account), and have private post for share with the only 3 membres that have an account sur wordpress.com
I do the report for made better wordpress becouse it have potential but i find many many bugs (in logic and in software) and I try to send feedback.
I think that followers are followers (mail, twitter, facebook) and is “stupid” made a massive diffusion of a non public post, because you have to send a mail with the password in private.
In the other hand, if you are the follower, is not nice get a mail with a post thath others can see and you can’t (becouse is not for you).
One solution is a configuration option for decide it, becouse for others can be good idea send the pasword protected post to followers.
Thank you for your feedback. I have a couple of suggestions for you:
– For password-protected posts, turn off the publicize options before you publish the post. This way, it won’t go out to Twitter/Facebook etc.
– Consider starting a second blog for internal communication with your team members. There, you’ll be able to mark it as private or have less visibility for the blog itself, so that only your core team members follow it and receive notifications of new (password-protected) posts.
1. Publicize NEVER publish password protected posts, is logic, common sense.
2. If you are following my blog, is not polite if I send you a message with a post that you can’t see because is pasword protected, if wordpress team think that is fine, i respect your culture but is not coherent for the user experience have a diferent behaibor in publicize and followers via mail.
3. Made a new blog is not a elegant solution, not for me, maybe temporal.
The topic ‘bug: notification of pasword protected post to followers’ is closed to new replies.