I’ve used WordPress before on another blog, and was pleased with the experience, as I was able to edit the PHP and Stylesheets to suit my needs.
I am now using wordpress for my new personal website, and it says I need to purchase the ability to edit CSS. This is strange, because I don’t remember having to pay for it before, although to be fair I was only in limited contact with the owner of the last domain (he set it all up; I simply managed the blog, so it’s possible he purchased these services himself). So I have several questions:
1) Is buying the upgrade to CSS customization and font customization the only way to get access to these features? (BTW, horrible business practice making the purchasing of these two things separate. What are you thinking wordpress?)
2)What about the PHP code? Where/how do I edit that stuff?
3) Do I need any of this to be able to run plugins, or can I start using those right away?
The blog I need help with is kylequarles.com.
(1) Yes > http://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-design/
(2) You can’t edit it at all > http://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-design/#frequently-asked-questions
(3) There is no FTP access to free hosted wordpress.com blogs and we cannot install any individual plugins into them. This is a wpMU wordpress multiuser blogging platform. All blogs using the same theme are using the same templates and only Staff can access the files and edit, as every edit they make effects all blogs wearing the same theme here at WordPress.com http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
This was all helpful, thank you.
The topic ‘Buying Customization’ is closed to new replies.