Hi guys, first time writing in these forums, so apologies if I'm not supposed to post in this particular section. I have been using wordpress for several months, but keeping it to bare basics.
Anyway, as title. Can I use wordpress to create something similar to:
To me, it looks like it is actually powered by wordpress, but I can't find details to confirm this.
I am aiming to create a sort of blog/news site, whereby I have a team of around 15-20 bloggers from different parts of the world blogging on different aspects of the same overall heading (Asian Culture).
- For example, in gameinformer.com, you have the page "Platform" -> 360, PS3, Wii etc. In my site, you would have "Country" -> Korea, Japan, China etc
- On the right hand side, there is a list of "game informer staff". In mine, it would list my bloggers, and then link to their own personal blog, where they can blog about non-Asia related things, and their own stuff.
- Although the priority will be on my "main team bloggers", there is an option for "members' of the site to have their own blog as part of my site. I'm sure I can classify different people to have different "power" i.e. the main team and I will be the "admin/editors", we can blog on own personal blog, but also on the main site - as in news, features, editorials, reviews. We can give powers to other people if they want to blog too, but they will not be able to upload onto front page. Only a subpage where you can see the newest updates of "members" blogs. Then we have regular members, who are only able to read and comment on other people's blogs, and on forums (+create topics in forums). Is this the function of WordPress MU?
- the box in the middle, where you can toggle between the newest updates - "feed", "blogs", "community" (forum posts), "guides" - is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking to replicate
- The forum integration at gi.com is really great too. It seems like something that bbpress can create?
- The whole EXP and friend system, whilst I really like it, it is not a necessity for my site. But is this what BuddyPress does?
Hope some of you WP experts can help me confirm my queries. Thanks!